• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATPTac

We'll be coming up either Friday night or Saturday morning. Unfortunately it's not looking like we're going to be in a MV... 2 out of 3 trucks aren't drivable, and our '76's airpack is hissing out brake fluid. It's not bad, but it's enough to make me nervous about driving it up there :-(. Either way, I might bring it if I can get it sorted out between now and then. As far as food is concerned, I would count us out for Thursday and Friday, but we'll be good for Saturday and Sunday. I'm excited and looking forward to this!

wilfreeman

Well at least ya'll are coming! I don't know if we will be driving our deuce either. It IS finished, but we really haven't done much road testing or ANY trailer pulling with it. All I have done is drive it around the block a few times (about 5 miles). My Brother is going to drive it some while I am working this week, but don't know if that will make ME feel better about driving it 200 miles pulling a trailer with my Jeep on it!

Anyway, glad to hear ya'll are going to make it for a couple of days!

ATPTac

Well at least ya'll are coming! I don't know if we will be driving our deuce either. It IS finished, but we really haven't done much road testing or ANY trailer pulling with it. All I have done is drive it around the block a few times (about 5 miles). My Brother is going to drive it some while I am working this week, but don't know if that will make ME feel better about driving it 200 miles pulling a trailer with my Jeep on it!

Anyway, glad to hear ya'll are going to make it for a couple of days!
Oh c'mon, get out there and drive it! On a side note, I'm going to see if anybody else in this area that hasn't posted to this thread is coming. I'll post up if I get anybody else to add to the head count.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
count me in on meals Thurs through Sunday, and put me down for a case of Coors Light, will be bringing fire-pit and wood, so you guys need to practice your stories! May have the mule if i get time to put a seal in it this weekend otherwise sans MV for me:sad:

wilfreeman

Oh c'mon, get out there and drive it! On a side note, I'm going to see if anybody else in this area that hasn't posted to this thread is coming. I'll post up if I get anybody else to add to the head count.
If the truck breaks down it is one thing - if it breaks down pulling my other vehicle (or BRAKES), that's a totally different ballgame! Making 2 trips to get the deuce and the Jeep there is out of the question - my Brother is towing his camper, so he can't pull it.

Yeah, get as many people as you can up there - especially with vehicles (that's the important number - that's what the public and Vets come to see on Friday and Saturday and the paying public is what keeps the show going year to year).

wilfreeman

count me in on meals Thurs through Sunday, and put me down for a case of Coors Light, will be bringing fire-pit and wood, so you guys need to practice your stories! May have the mule if i get time to put a seal in it this weekend otherwise sans MV for me:sad:
Is the mule puking oil out, or just a small leak? Bring it - we don't have perfect vehicles in the Steel Soldiers! The Jeep has a leak coming from everything that has oil in it, but it's coming anyway - possibly going on a trail ride or two 15 miles away.

Can't wait to hear some more tall tales around the fire pit this year!

CGarbee

The beer order has been placed... :)
I'll make the run to the commissary next week before I head down the road to Denton, so you still have time to get your name on the list for the FOOD plan...

BELinNC

Just convinced the wife that camping for one night wont kill her. We will get there early Sat and stay through Sunday. Are there any planned activities or is it a do your own thing type of event? I plan to take the front end loader and maybe the back hoe off the SEE tractor this week to make it more road user friendly.
Ben LeFever
Fayetteville

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in Charlotte for a couple days. I want to come up Thursday afternoon. I won't have a truck with me. I'd like to catch dinner at the MKT and hop a seat with someone for trail rides if possible. Can't wait even if it's only for a short visit.

wilfreeman

Just convinced the wife that camping for one night wont kill her. We will get there early Sat and stay through Sunday. Are there any planned activities or is it a do your own thing type of event? I plan to take the front end loader and maybe the back hoe off the SEE tractor this week to make it more road user friendly.
Ben LeFever
Fayetteville
Well that's good! There might be some trail rides - don't know for sure. Mainly a do your own thing and sit around and bs

wilfreeman

I am in Charlotte for a couple days. I want to come up Thursday afternoon. I won't have a truck with me. I'd like to catch dinner at the MKT and hop a seat with someone for trail rides if possible. Can't wait even if it's only for a short visit.
I can't wait either - it is looking like we might get to bring the deuce after all. I don't know if I'll have an extra seat for trail rides, but if I do you can ride - there will probably be a few going on the trails.

CJ9/Granny

From all indications, it appears the weather is going to cooperate nicely for the upcoming weekend. My wife and I will be heading for the VA mountains on Thursday. Hope y'all have a great rally, and a good turnout for it. I just wish I could figure out how to be in two places at the same time. I will miss swapping "fish stories" with you guys, but maybe catch up with some of you at Graves this fall. Have a GREAT weekend!!! :beer:

wilfreeman

:beer::beer::beer:
From all indications, it appears the weather is going to cooperate nicely for the upcoming weekend. My wife and I will be heading for the VA mountains on Thursday. Hope y'all have a great rally, and a good turnout for it. I just wish I could figure out how to be in two places at the same time. I will miss swapping "fish stories" with you guys, but maybe catch up with some of you at Graves this fall. Have a GREAT weekend!!! :beer:
Awww - too bad:(! Well, y'all have fun in the mountains! We'll see ya next year.

Last edited:

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
VA is closed to visitors might as well come to the rally! at least that's what i heard?:tank:

wilfreeman

My Brother has been putting a few miles on it. Ended up having a bad bearing, wheel cylinder and boots. I replaced the passenger side boot and bearing and rebuilt the wheel cylinder. My Brother drive it about 30 miles Sunday and thinks the brakes need adjusting. I am going to put some miles on it tomorrow and adjust the brakes and replace the driver side boot. Planning on pulling the trailer with the Jeep on it around for a while Wednesday just to make sure everything is good. It's going to come down to the wire, but it might make it there - I just want to make VERY sure it is safe to be on the road pulling a trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks