• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigandon

Hey Don, I think Rich (ranger 41) went on a trailride in his m37 last year on what looked like logging roads (very easy, relaxed ride) - thats what I want to go on. I dont know what you have planned for the m880, but if anyone knows trails like that, I'll be in! I dont want anything too rough for the 'a1 - don't want to break anything and have to be towed back!
Yes, I don't want to do anything too crazy either. Like I told the Mrs the other night, I plan on driving this truck down there under its own power. It needs to be able to get us back home!

Speaking of the Mrs, she decided that she want to come along too! We just invested in a 16x16 tent, so that's what we plan to camp in. 8)

wilfreeman

Cool! Glad to hear that she is supporting you with your hobby. Mine lets me do what I want, but unless there is a motel or rv, she ain't coming! My Brother will be accompanying me this time too - I think he caught the green disease!

michigandon

Supporting? Most of my stuff wouldn't run if I didn't have her! :oops:

She prefers an RV or hotel also, but she will come to this place because it has shower facilities.

wilfreeman

I guess mine is about the same in the supporting role. She still wouldn't use the showers though - I think they are decent and have PLENTY hot water!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I should be there Friday with the m109 medical unit. Will have all my first aid equipment with me. so if someone gets a boo boo. come see me! Still trying to get Onegmjack to convoy down with me!

wilfreeman

Alright! Bring as many as you can scrape up. We just need to give Cabell a heads up on how many people he will be feeding so that he can plan accordingly. Hopefully we won't need medical expertise, but glad you will be available if we do! This rally is starting to pick up - hopefully we will have a lot more of our guys show up this year, as last years showing was a little disappointing after the first year. We will have a good time no matter how many make it though!

ATPTac

Well, my clutch is acting a little weird lately (it intermittently grabs low and just feels weird), so hopefully its nothing major and it was just from a lot of use the other day. Plus I have a rear axle seal I need to get replaced at some point, hoping I can find some time between now and then to replace it. I'll be at the rally regardless, just not entirely sure we'll have a truck with us... :sad:

ranger.41

Will,
That video was taken in 2011. There are gravel roads around the Badin lake area. That is where the off road trails are.
I will be going. I will be there Friday and Sat and Sun morning. I will also be getting Cabels food service as well.
I think that people don't see the thread because it is not in the Up coming Rallies thread.
It looks like your Deuce is coming along good!
Rich

wilfreeman

Will,
That video was taken in 2011. There are gravel roads around the Badin lake area. That is where the off road trails are.
I will be going. I will be there Friday and Sat and Sun morning. I will also be getting Cabels food service as well.
I think that people don't see the thread because it is not in the Up coming Rallies thread.
It looks like your Deuce is coming along good!
Rich
That sounds like the type of trails that most of us want to run - not the rocky and real muddy stuff. We need to get a small group together for a trail ride or 2 - do you want to be the leader since you know the area and have been down these roads/trails before?

I just posted links to this rally in the Upcoming Events forum - thanks for the tip! Hopefully we can bump up attendance this year.

The deuce is moving slower than we thought, but we will be running to the deadline getting it ready before the rally. The original plan was to pull the car hauler behind the deuce with the Jeep loaded on it to the rally. I really want to get some road miles on it and all problems worked out/ bolts retightened before I take off on a 100 mile trip pulling the Jeep!

Matt

I know Uwharrie like the back of my hand. Unless I miraculously got my Rhino running by then the only thing I have to take is a dirt bike. All the trails are very easy if the weather is dry except for dickey bell and Daniel. Dutch john is somewhat technical but not too bad.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I can take a 5 ton on the trails at the GA rally then the trails at uwarrie must have been made for ATVs.

wilfreeman

Hey guys, any of you that are close to the area and know of trails that might be MV friendly let us know. The only trail I rode on back in 2011 was wayyy too rough for me to take my Jeep on - of course I went out with the Florida boys! We might even take the bobber out there if we bring it.

It would be pretty cool to get a small group of MVs together and go for a relaxing trail ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks