• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb1895

The NC Wildlife officers have told me that a Deuce is too big and they would not allow them on the trails. I have looked for but have been unable to locate another off road place close to the Piedmont that we could take the Deuce.

wilfreeman

I wish there was a trail a little closer. The ones we went on were about 10 miles away. I'm not a rock crawler, and there were a bunch of rocks.

There has been a deuce on some of the trails at URE before (can't remember where I saw pictures). SOME of the trails probably are large enough for even a 5-ton.

If I go through and check out specific trails before then, would anyone be interested in a military trail ride? I would probably take one of my 5-tons and run it through to make sure there was clearance. URE is about 20 minutes or less from Denton Farm park. I have been wanting to take a 5-ton down there so this might be a good excuse.

The NC Wildlife officers have told me that a Deuce is too big and they would not allow them on the trails. I have looked for but have been unable to locate another off road place close to the Piedmont that we could take the Deuce.

Didn't see this a second ago. That is odd I have never heard that before. I KNOW I have seen pictures/video of a Deuce going through the switchback on Daniel (tightest turn in the forest). That guy must have been crazy and hopefully had power steering! I can try and get in touch with another guy in the area that has land and see if he would be up for a military trail ride, I may also try to contact one of the rangers at URE and see what they say.

wb1895

Didn't see this a second ago. That is odd I have never heard that before. I KNOW I have seen pictures/video of a Deuce going through the switchback on Daniel (tightest turn in the forest). That guy must have been crazy and hopefully had power steering! I can try and get in touch with another guy in the area that has land and see if he would be up for a military trail ride, I may also try to contact one of the rangers at URE and see what they say.

If they give clearance, and we can find a trail that a Deuce will fit on, I am all for a trail ride!!!

ATPTac

There has been a deuce on some of the trails at URE before (can't remember where I saw pictures). SOME of the trails probably are large enough for even a 5-ton.

If I go through and check out specific trails before then, would anyone be interested in a military trail ride? I would probably take one of my 5-tons and run it through to make sure there was clearance. URE is about 20 minutes or less from Denton Farm park. I have been wanting to take a 5-ton down there so this might be a good excuse.
Ok, so I did see it somewhere. I'd like to know if this gets cleared.

Are the trails at Denton Farm Park big enough for a Deuce?

CGarbee

I will be there with the MKT again this year.
I will post up a menu when we get a little closer to the event...but it will basically be the same plan as last year.
I'll be arriving on Thursday night and will be there through Sunday lunch, so the meals will run from Thursday night through Sunday lunch.
Last year, I managed to do meals at $5/meal or at a slight discount for those that signed up for the weekend-I'll know better what the cost are when I do a menu plan...
I'll also be parked in the middle of the trees where everyone is camping, so you don't have far to go for chow...

In addition to the food, I'll admit that I have a buddy who works at the Miller plant, so I can help folks out with beer (just let me know who you are and how much you need in a PM)...

wilfreeman

I will be there with the MKT again this year.
I will post up a menu when we get a little closer to the event...but it will basically be the same plan as last year.
I'll be arriving on Thursday night and will be there through Sunday lunch, so the meals will run from Thursday night through Sunday lunch.
Last year, I managed to do meals at $5/meal or at a slight discount for those that signed up for the weekend-I'll know better what the cost are when I do a menu plan...
I'll also be parked in the middle of the trees where everyone is camping, so you don't have far to go for chow...

In addition to the food, I'll admit that I have a buddy who works at the Miller plant, so I can help folks out with beer (just let me know who you are and how much you need in a PM)...
Ooohh - Miller Lite is my favorite! I'll get with you about that!

Thanks Cabel

CGarbee

Since I will be pulling the MKT, I won't have a trail vehicle with me, but the local trails are perfect for a M37 (I have run them a lot in mine) or similar sized vehicle. A buddy of mine has run a bobbed deuce on the trails, but another buddy with a regular M35 had issues making turns on some of the trails when he was there a few years ago. The place has also gotten very popular with the closure of some of the other regional ORV Parks, so the traffic on the trails can get thick, and thus passing gets difficult, and a deuce is kinda wide... If you bring a deuce thinking about taking one on the trails, you might want to ride with somebody in a smaller vehicle first to get an idea of what the trails are like.

wilfreeman

Do ya'll think there is any need for a "For sale/trade/wanted" thread for this show/rally? I'm sure there will be more people talking about coming as the show gets closer, but right now the sale thread might just get lost on the forum. What do you think?

CGarbee

Do ya'll think there is any need for a "For sale/trade/wanted" thread for this show/rally? I'm sure there will be more people talking about coming as the show gets closer, but right now the sale thread might just get lost on the forum. What do you think?
I'd wait until we get closer...may be able to manage with just one thread...

ATPTac

Well, I have new wheels/tires on the way for our truck along with other miscellaneous parts (Yay! :jumpin:), so as long as I can get everything done and installed by then I'll definitely have the Deuce there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks