• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATPTac

I'll be there. Will more than likely be coming Friday night or Saturday morning. CBR, I will probably want to pick up a jerry can or two, and most definitely a slave cable. I'm going to go through all my parts and see what all I'm wanting to part with and bring some odds and ends also.

On a side note, I most definitely look forward to sitting around the fire pit drinking plenty of beer. :beer:

I had thought about trying to sell the jerry cans online, but since some of them may have been used before, and they are large I decided to just hang onto them until a rally and sell them there. I should have 10-15 fuel cans, and 10-15 water cans. Prices will be:

$35 water cans
$50 fuel cans

Slave cables will be between $190 and $300, depending which style you want (not sure what I have right now)

wilfreeman

Hey, I need a fuel can for the deuce too - if anyone has some to bring. I don't know if I'll have anything to bring for sale unless I can have it pretty much sold beforehand (big stuff that will possibly require an extra trip). I could load the trailer(s) in the back of the deuce.

I have an m100 trailer chassis and possibly an m101a2 trailer. I MIGHT have an m38a1 for sale (not the one I restored, another one) - will know by the end of the week.

Looking forward to having a beer with you and your wife(?) Jeremy. Sorry, I don't remember if you said she was your wife or girlfriend. Is your Mom coming too? She seemed like a cool lady to hang around with!

Also, everybody remember that Cabell said he can get any Miller or Coors product for a great price - pm him if you want him to bring you something.

Last edited:
Anybody planning on having any LDT's or LDS's for sale by chance?
I have one I need to get rid of. LDT out of a 68' 5-ton. Runs good (transmission was busted) It would be easier for you to just drive up and get it though since you are only an hour away from me. I have it listed on here, $1100 if I pull it out, or $950 if you do all the work (I can lift it out)

EDIT: OR I will sell you a good running LDS out of my deuce and use the LDT myself, heck I might prefer that option!

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I had thought about trying to sell the jerry cans online, but since some of them may have been used before, and they are large I decided to just hang onto them until a rally and sell them there. I should have 10-15 fuel cans, and 10-15 water cans. Prices will be:

$35 water cans
$50 fuel cans

Slave cables will be between $190 and $300, depending which style you want (not sure what I have right now)
I guess I was a little slow on my post. What condition are your fuel cans in?

wilfreeman

Anybody planning on having any LDT's or LDS's for sale by chance? Also looking for M35 fiberglass troop seats.
Get in touch with Jim Henry - he is one of the guys putting on this show. He has a shop not too far from Denton (in Albemarle). I know he has take out LDTs that he guarantees - don't know price though. I know I had to walk around a couple of them the last time I was there.

ATPTac

I have one I need to get rid of. LDT out of a 68' 5-ton. Runs good (transmission was busted) It would be easier for you to just drive up and get it though since you are only an hour away from me. I have it listed on here, $1100 if I pull it out, or $950 if you do all the work (I can lift it out)

EDIT: OR I will sell you a good running LDS out of my deuce and use the LDT myself, heck I might prefer that option!
So your 5 ton has an LDT and not an LDS? I might be interested in one of those engines, I was going to try and go with an LDS for the extra power.

Get in touch with Jim Henry - he is one of the guys putting on this show. He has a shop not too far from Denton (in Albemarle). I know he has take out LDTs that he guarantees - don't know price though. I know I had to walk around a couple of them the last time I was there.
I called him and got a price on them, he's pretty reasonable, especially with the guarantee, but I'm still shopping around trying to find something a little cheaper.

Send a PM to Ferroequinologist. I know he has an LDS for sale, and was planning on coming up to this. At least I hope he still is anyhoo.
I saw Ferro's LDS on craigslist, more than I really want to pay.

MDSA

Missed out last year because of a work related certification test.

Plan to make it this year. Probably won't make it until after work Friday, close to 7 is my hope, unless I can get out of work early. Plan to pull the M37 behind the Deuce.

CJ9/Granny

So, seeing that this thread really hasn't gotten much traffic, I am debating on whether to start a WTB/FS/FT thread or not. Is it necessary, or should we just post on this thread to keep from having to keep up with 2 separate threads?
I'm just hoping that the fact that this thread has died down isn't some sort of an indication!!!
I just found this thread (today) via the "Parts For Sale" thread under the "Steel Soldiers Rally" section. That is where I had been watching for further info, but there wasn't any. We have since made plans for a mountain camping trip with some good friends so hopefully will see some of y'all at Graves Mtn in September. :beer:

michigandon

I just found this thread (today) via the "Parts For Sale" thread under the "Steel Soldiers Rally" section. That is where I had been watching for further info, but there wasn't any. We have since made plans for a mountain camping trip with some good friends so hopefully will see some of y'all at Graves Mtn in September. :beer:
Bummer! I was hoping to have you help guide me around URE a bit.

We are definitely coming up to Graves Mtn this year.

CJ9/Granny

It won't be the same without ya'll Don:cry:! Maybe next year. BTW: Did you end up buying another Jeep?
I appreciate that... we will see what next year brings. :) I doubt I will get another Jeep, but I did move up to a PopUp camper.... old age you know.

Bummer! I was hoping to have you help guide me around URE a bit.

We are definitely coming up to Graves Mtn this year.
I would have gladly done it! :) They have changed some stuff, but I am not at all familiar with it. You can probably get a map at the Outpost when you buy your trail pass. As for trails, stay completely away from Daniel. I think the bad stuff on Rocky Mount is closed (probably forever). Dutch John has a pretty steep hillclimb, and Dickey Bell did have an interesting spot. You should be fine on Falls Dam, Wolf Den, Slab Pile and Sawmill. Hope to see you in the Fall.

I will add that if the mountain camping trip happens to fall through, Denton will be the Plan-B. :)

paladin1176

Roxbor0, NC to Denton, NC
1:48 minutes at average speed, about 1:15 while enjoying it. I think I might be able to get enough free time to go down there and pick up some TOYS!!!

wilfreeman

I appreciate that... we will see what next year brings. :) I doubt I will get another Jeep, but I did move up to a PopUp camper.... old age you know.

I would have gladly done it! :) They have changed some stuff, but I am not at all familiar with it. You can probably get a map at the Outpost when you buy your trail pass. As for trails, stay completely away from Daniel. I think the bad stuff on Rocky Mount is closed (probably forever). Dutch John has a pretty steep hillclimb, and Dickey Bell did have an interesting spot. You should be fine on Falls Dam, Wolf Den, Slab Pile and Sawmill. Hope to see you in the Fall.

I will add that if the mountain camping trip happens to fall through, Denton will be the Plan-B. :)
I'm sure the popup is much more comfortable than the trailer our back of the pickup!

Hey Don, I think Rich (ranger 41) went on a trailride in his m37 last year on what looked like logging roads (very easy, relaxed ride) - thats what I want to go on. I dont know what you have planned for the m880, but if anyone knows trails like that, I'll be in! I dont want anything too rough for the 'a1 - don't want to break anything and have to be towed back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks