• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton, NC rally set for April 11-13, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfreeman

They would be comparable to atvs, I would think - and there were quite a few of them on the trails the other year. The only problem is that you would have to haul it to the trail head, which is about 10-15 miles away.

wilfreeman

Alright, my Brother and I went to Jim Henry's place today to pick up a few parts. I asked him about the show. He said everything is still on for the dates listed. He said the only problem he is having is getting help with everything. I told him if I was a little closer (I'm about 100 miles away) I would help do some stuff, but about all I can do is rally the troops and spread the word. We spent about 2 hrs rummaging through his "yard" and that made me want April to get here even faster! I sure have a lot to do before then though!

wilfreeman

What all does he need help with? I don't have a ton of free time these days, nor am I super close to him, but I might be able to help out depending on what he needs.
I'm not exactly sure what he was talking about as far as helping out. The only thing I can figure is moving all of his vehicles and inventory to the Farmpark. They were moving stuff Thursday when I got there on into Friday and he was running back and forth to the shop even on Saturday. He had a few of his employees manning the gate. Farmpark employees take care of the bath houses and trash collection/cleanup, so I'm not sure.

wilfreeman

Matt, does he have much of anything there for m880s?
Don, I didn't see anything for the 880s, but I guess it could have been mixed in with the CUCV stuff that I didn't look through. Of course, the second time I walked around the back side of the field, I found a Dodge WC??(I don't know muck about them) and what looked like a WW2 Ben Hur trailer(again, I don't know much about them), a Gamma Goat, part of another M38a1, etc, etc.. Point is, only Jim knows if he has something - every time I looked I found more and more! That place is heaven for folks like us!

wilfreeman

Yeah, it's definitely worth a visit. Not organized (to us), stuff piled everywhere, a bit junky, but still cool to look around. He has tents in crates just sitting out in the field - crates rotting away. Other wooden crates with cargo covers (I think - could be more tents) falling apart. Tires galore.

wilfreeman

Henry's Truck and Equipment Sales
623 Concord Rd
Albemarle, NC 28001
(704) 983-5940

Might want to call before you stop by. I also have his mobile if you don't get him at the shop or get a return call - he's pretty good about calling back though.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't know if there will be a buy/sale thread but i've got a few 6.2-6.5 parts i'd like to sale, Mainly pump and injectors, and 6.2 crank turned 10/10 and a few odd and ends will make a list if any interest:shrugs:

wilfreeman

So, seeing that this thread really hasn't gotten much traffic, I am debating on whether to start a WTB/FS/FT thread or not. Is it necessary, or should we just post on this thread to keep from having to keep up with 2 separate threads?

wilfreeman

I'm just hoping that the fact that this thread has died down isn't some sort of an indication!!!
Thats what I'm thinking too. I have seen like 10 members say that they will probably be there. Well, I guess the ones that do show up will have to enjoy it that much more! I know I plan to! It's always a joy to see everyone that you only get to see at the rallies, sit around and bs, meet new people and talk with the old soldiers that come to the show. Oh, correction - sit around the fire pit, drink beer (or other) and bs!

I plan to bring quite a few of the tan Scepter jerry cans to try and get rid of. Maybe some slave cables too. I also have some 5-ton parts, if anyone is coming and wants me to bring something let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks