• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 oil pan torque specs...

Matt Kahle

I was wondering if any one here can get me a check list for the oil pan torque specs. I remember seeing some old post on 6.2 ,but can't find them.

Okay I know you guys are going to say read the TMs. I really can't scroll around the TMs through different pages for spects with oily hands. :? Thanks for any help.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manual doesn't list any torque specs for the oil pan.

There is a paragraph in the PMCS section that says to check the oil pan bolts semi-annually and tighten them to 5 ft-lbs.

There is a list at the back of the TM 9-2320-289-20 that has general specs

Torque.jpg

Looking thru the 6.2L/6.5L HMMWV egine manual TM 9-2815-237-34 it shows 48-120 lb-in for the side screws and 156-240 lb-in for the rear main screws

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just in case you don't have a torque wrench scaled fo lb-in, there are 12 lb-in and 1 lb-ft. Just like measuring distance 12 inches per foot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks