• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intake flame heater delete

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been replacing the head gaskets on my truck and have decided that I don't want the intake manifold flame heater anymore. I have searched and searched, but can't find what size plugs I need for the spark plug hole and fuel nozzle hole. Anyone able to help a brother out?

It is aluminum, so I could always convert it to a pipe plug thread, but I'd rather not.

skinnyR1

You need 1/8 and 1/4 " npt plugs for the fuel lines in the manifold and at the ip. Not sure about the spark plug hole you speak of. I personally followed lt dans directions in his mod thread.

welldigger

I plan on doing this myself. It doesn't work anyways. I think the spark plugs and atomizer nozzle will require some custom fab work. They are not any sort of pipe or fitting thread. However, if they are standard spark plug threads you may could use a spark plug no fouler to build a plug from. They are made of steel and easily mig welded. I use them all the time to build spacers to fool the 2nd bank of o2 sensors on mine and friends vehicles.

gimpyrobb

Yeah, not sure I caught what your trying to say there.

The largest bolt tap I have is 3/4 and it falls in the hole for the nozzle.
I can probably gut the spark plug and weld it shut to plug that(spark plug) hole.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just left my spark plug and fuel nozzle in the hole when I did away with mine.

I may pull them out and plug the hole if y'all can figure out what it takes.

gimpyrobb

Well, I have a military NPT tap kit. I can make any hole accept a pipe plug, but hopefully Jeepsinker won't be a moron for long and give us the info we need!

;)

Artisan

Well, I have a military NPT tap kit. I can make any hole accept a pipe plug, but hopefully Jeepsinker won't be a moron for long and give us the info we need!
If someone has a pic of the male portion of this I "may" be able to chime in. hint hint

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks