• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 cab armor kit

jspanier

it all makes sense now. I've got a 1984 m934 that I want to armor the cab structure on. I have access to plate and precision metal cutting and bending equipment but am in need of drawings or a source to purchase these items from. I'm hoping to bolt this armor on over the existing structure. Any help is appreciated. If it is easier to discuss I can PM you my phone number.

Tornadogt

Don't leave me out if anyone has plans or dimensions to build (protective) kits or parts let me know also.. I just got this today..
CTM Gun Truck 1.jpg

We want to build a current conflict (First Gulf War to Present) Convoy defense truck "Gun Truck" Mostly with unit level improvised armor.

Andrmorr

If you're gonna copy one, this is the best looking armor I think...it looks tough ,not Franken...

Auction site number 261779826388

Armored M923A2

Bosnian Armor

Last edited:

Tornadogt

This is the first time I have seen that type of armor.. And I completely agree looks the part with out looking overdone. . also looks like something that can be copied.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
armored tractors

A few of those armor kits escaped on some GL tractors.

Attached are the old gl pics for reference

Attachments

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retrofitting_an_armored_cab_on_an_Army_truck.jpgMost of them used a drop over cab. You take the windshield, doors, and top off and it fits over the existing cab. I have lots of pictures. There is also a guard that goes in front of the heater and another for covering the windshield washer area. You also have a plate that goes below the fenders on each side. The fender pieces are bolted to a support that holds the weight of the front of the cab. There is also an air conditioner upgrade, and seating since the only windows that open are very small on the doors and they slide in a track. 3/8" Steel doors and fender blast plates. I would probably go to 1/2" for those or laminate with ballistic fiberglass. Glass should be one way approx 4" thick. There are various places selling glass. I have seen it on fleebay. I have some too. I would recommend forgetting the cab you have and just building a slightly larger cab with more head and leg room and moving the spare tire to the bed of the truck. Self contained air conditions are a +.M939A2guntruckSauer (40).jpgM939A2guntruckSauer (25).jpgM939A2guntruckSauer (41).jpg

M939A2guntruckSauer (37).jpgM939A2guntruckSauer (26).jpg
M939A2guntruckSauer (32).jpg
M939A2guntruckSauer (47).jpg
M939A2guntruckSauer (37).jpgM939A2guntruckSauer (41).jpgTrcuk_US-Army_with_armour_upgrade_005.jpg

Attachments

Csm Davis

Only problem with the Bosnian armored kit is there are lots of gaps and the roof is completely unarmored. If building one from scratch I would take the better parts of both styles and use them.

datadawg

Can I ask what the point is of an armored 5 ton? Do you need armor for looks/fun or is there some kind of functionality involved (heading to South America for narco-tourism?).

I am interested in collecting armor, so I get the routine, I just can't understand why a 5 ton.

Csm Davis

Can I ask what the point is of an armored 5 ton? Do you need armor for looks/fun or is there some kind of functionality involved (heading to South America for narco-tourism?).

I am interested in collecting armor, so I get the routine, I just can't understand why a 5 ton.
For me it is the collection aspect and use as a armored vehicle for emergency operations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks