• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My HET project

Shark Bait

Well, the weather has been getting a little nicer here in West Virgiia and it makes me want to do things to my trucks. This is a project I had thought about for a month or so for my M1070. I wanted to add a stereo, CB and (I dont know why but) a scanner. I had a new Clarion marine stereo laying around on a shelf. I had some new Uniden CB radios, some 680's, 880's and a 980. So of course I used the 980 and ordered a new Uniden wireless mic for it. Why not? I ordered in a Uniden scanner, a 60 amp 24/12 converter and a 30 amp 24/12 converter. The 60 amp will be on a circuit with a master switch and the 30 will have a constant power feed. (I already installed a hardwired waterproof battery charger/conditioner) the voltage gauges will monitor output voltage of each converter. I've got in some LED lighting that I will be running off the 24 volt system but will be controlled through 12 volt relays activated by 12 volt switches (already have 100's of them lying around). The monitor is for cameras, one for the front, rear, left and right side. The screen is changeable from 1, 2, 3 or 4 cameras at a time. I'm still pondering on speakers. I've got a couple pair of Clarion marine speakers or I've got some nice MB Quart component sets, MB Quart subs and Rockford amps, but not sure if I wanna go that far. Lol. I've made a switch box as well that is mounted overhead but hadn't got pictures of it yet. I was going to " smooth out" the seams and gaps before I sprayed it with bed liner but none of the rest of the interior was seamless so I wanted it to kinda look like it came that way. Not perfect but, will suffice for an old truck. I have made some plates for door locks and installed them as well and will try to get pictures soon. I also have sonar/radar sensors (like on a rear bumper) that will be mounted to each side of the HET to notify of objects in the blind spots to accompany the cameras. I also have a couple factory style Ford truck universal garage door openers and will install one of those as well, it will control up to 3 doors. The LED lights I have are some round 27 watt spot lights and 27 watt flood lights that I will mount lower to the sides and on front, maybe some type of folding brush guard or bar. I will build a rack for the top. I have some LED light bars for it, 52 inch, a couple 14 inch, some 30 inch, some 20 inch and I think I have some 8 inchas well. It will get a cell phone booster kit with hands free kit as well, the service in the mountains here make a booster convenient and the aw Akers hands free a requirement. I don't plan on talking and driving this truck, but I've got plenty of kits on the shelf so, what not? I'm sure some things may change and be deleted and/or added, but for now that's the plan.

Dave

Attachments

Shark Bait

I forgot, everyone who's been in one of these trucks know the cover plates on top of the console aren't the strongest. I made new thicker cover plates with a frame. They will hold my weight sitting on them. I also made new center dash plates, I did not want to cut the factory one up. There is a fuse panel mounted on the back of the one on the right. The relay box i made for the lights has its own fuse panel with it.

Shark Bait

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI needed to install some speakers to go with my Clarion head unit I installed. I built some speaker pods and coated them with spray on bed liner.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI had Clarion marine 6 1/2 coax speakers. I painted the grill covers with Behr paint to match the truck and reattached the Clarion logo. I have to build two more pods for the rear matching 6 1/2's. they may have to be a little different.

Attachments

Shark Bait

image.jpgimage.jpgThis past weekend I changed out all the marker/clearance lights as well as the headlights with Truck-Lite LED's. WOW! What a difference. I still gotta do the break lights and front parking light buckets for Truck-Lite LED's. I also did a couple 4.5" LED flood lights on the sides.

Phenomenal work you do Dave. Your installation and custom fabrication skills are humbling to say the least. Those LED's look great on the HET and I think your placement of the ancillary LED spotlights is very practical with a clean look including proper placement. It does not look like overkill at all. Also really appreciate you helping me install the LED headlights on my truck. It's hard to believe this guy lives literally a few Mountain tops away lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks