• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Rivets

Kaiser67M715

Hi all,
I ordered a set of brake linings for the parking Brake, I was unaware they did not come with rivets. Does anyone know the size of the rivet needed?

I found that the rivet size needed for the regular shoes is 7-6(or a 3/16" x 3/8" rivet), but have been unable to source the size for the parking brakes.

Thanks

Kaiser67M715

I must have missed it, but re-re-reading the parts manuals, found a reference to 3/16 x 1/2 rivet, so a 7-8, I'll post back if they work

Kaiser67M715

7-8 Rivets DO NOT work, too long, also head is small, but an 8-9 is the smallest for the next head size(where 9 is 9/16"), in 3/16 diameter:shrugs:

I'll keep searching, a 3/8 inch rivet should be plenty long enough so a 7-6 would work, but would really like to find a 8-6

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, number BR 8-6 is what you really need.
See it here...

BTW: I have found they have excellent customer service there...

G.

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

Thanks, I can't remember what store it was, but someone had 100 rivets for $10, but it was $18 to ship, so I went ebay for the last set. Might do the same if shipping is just as expensive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks