• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Rivets

Kaiser67M715

Hi all,
I ordered a set of brake linings for the parking Brake, I was unaware they did not come with rivets. Does anyone know the size of the rivet needed?

I found that the rivet size needed for the regular shoes is 7-6(or a 3/16" x 3/8" rivet), but have been unable to source the size for the parking brakes.

Thanks

Kaiser67M715

I must have missed it, but re-re-reading the parts manuals, found a reference to 3/16 x 1/2 rivet, so a 7-8, I'll post back if they work

Kaiser67M715

7-8 Rivets DO NOT work, too long, also head is small, but an 8-9 is the smallest for the next head size(where 9 is 9/16"), in 3/16 diameter:shrugs:

I'll keep searching, a 3/8 inch rivet should be plenty long enough so a 7-6 would work, but would really like to find a 8-6

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, number BR 8-6 is what you really need.
See it here...

BTW: I have found they have excellent customer service there...

G.

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

Thanks, I can't remember what store it was, but someone had 100 rivets for $10, but it was $18 to ship, so I went ebay for the last set. Might do the same if shipping is just as expensive