• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

m38inmaine

Received a parts shipment from AR today, arrived quickly. The air duct is not a separate part from the hull so getting this was special indeed. I was very surprised to see the top bow support rods, these are hard to find. As with the air duct my transmission shift lever was bent from the de mill operation, this will fix that nicely. Two new end curtains a surge tank, defrost duct and radio connector fill out the shipment. Big thank you to Tom for the relay from RR for some of these goodies and the effort to remove them from the parts hull, no small task.

Attachments

combat32

Glad everything made it ok, that sure was fast.

And I got the 34 manual in the mail today, much appreciated, I have it on digits but it's just better to have a manual in your hand!

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Exciting news, I bet the "other" Mark knows what it is. Sorry I missed your call, was outside installing a new fuel pump in the M1010, about as much fun as working on the Goat.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exciting news, I bet the "other" Mark knows what it is. Sorry I missed your call, was outside installing a new fuel pump in the M1010, about as much fun as working on the Goat.
Yep. Shouldn't that have "fragile" stamped all over it? Hopefully the UPS guy doesn't drop it on his foot.

m38inmaine

Have the air box fitted that Tom sent so I decided while waiting for the M1010 battery to charge I would spray some forest green on the parts. The first piece is what is normally welded into the hull. I epoxied 3 additional mounting tabs to the floor and used speed nuts as used in the rest of the box to mount it to the floor and front hull. Now I can remove it to gain more access to work under than dash if needed.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Tom came through again, cylinder head arrived from AR today. It may not look very big but it sure is heavy! So far it is cleaning up nicely, it survived the ride just fine as far as I can tell. Big thank you to Tom for the ride and Mark for making it available.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom came through again, cylinder head arrived from AR today. It may not look very big but it sure is heavy! So far it is cleaning up nicely, it survived the ride just fine as far as I can tell. Big thank you to Tom for the ride and Mark for making it available.
Glad I could help. Hopefully there wasn't any damage from the overheat issue. As heavy as it is and the limited time it was overheating I can't imagine that there would be but you never know.

combat32

That black foam material I put underneath makes a perfect cover to go in the air scoop when cut to fit. I find it helps to keep rainwater from gettin in your floorbards.

Hope no one at FedEx slipped a disc luggin that thing around!

m38inmaine

Today I relocated the wiring terminal board from the back where it is unreachable to the side where it can be reached. I took a spare cucv terminal board I had and mounted it to the original plate. The cucv one uses a nice cover with thumb screws, the M561 cover requires you to use tools and loosen the mounting bolts. I also noticed that the insulation had pulled back on the main wire on the engine harness connection on the chassis side. This made me quite nervous having that 24v wire exposed so close to the metal shell of the connector. I took a punch and knocked out both sockets, I then used 3/4" adhesive lined shrink tube and then with a little bit of silicone grease pushed them back in. TIP: use a step drill when enlarging ring terminals, it doesn't catch and tear the ring like a standard drill. I had to drill out the terminals to 5/16 to fit the cucv tb.

Attachments

m38inmaine

Exactly the same as mine, must be a common problem, I see a warning about it in the PS magazine. Thanks for looking, hang on to it in case I can't find a complete one, thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks