• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV accessories/mods?

DatGuyC

saw this picture of a hummer for sale on ebay. Asked the seller what was sticking out the back of the hood and he said he thought it was a heat exchanger. Anyone have any idea as I've never seen anything like it.
weird.jpg

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You,need to see what under that hood....swing fire heater is only thing that comes to mind...just never seem one in a HMMWV..or it's a bubba mod.

jake-cutter

Looking for a backup camera system. So far the one that keeps coming up is the Pyle RV/Truck Backup Camera (4). I would like at least a 2 camera set up, but no more than 4 and I need one that comes with a monitor. Is there a better setup out there or a more ruggedized/commercial setup?

My plan is to mount the cameras off of antenna mounts using the offset gps mounts. I have ordered the antenna mounts just need to find a camera system.

Usaf31px

Has anyone put a block heater on their HMMWV M-998 or M-1038? I've found my Humvee runs fine when it's warm , but not when it's single digits outside.

KansasBobcat

Has anyone put a block heater on their HMMWV M-998 or M-1038? I've found my Humvee runs fine when it's warm , but not when it's single digits outside.
My 1994 H1 6.5 came with a block heater so should not be a problem to install. Worse case check with your local former Hummer dealer. Just tell them it is an H1.

bigred350

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know if there is a piece of weatherstripping that goes under the longer 2 man divider so the water dosent run into the cab

I had picked up what I thought was the correct part and found it was for a divider on a 4 door...

Home depot had some wide weatherstripping that I layered together and put in place. It was a pain and still leaks water into the passenger compartment. I wish I could find a better solution.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks