• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV accessories/mods?

KansasBobcat

Can I get pricing on a keyed ignition for my 1993 6.2L m998? are they plug and play or do I have to remove major components to get to the connectors?
I used the one sold by "Those Military Guys" They are vendors on his site. I installed it back of battery box as there was a hole already there. Easy to install; it cuts off ground so handy when you are doing anything electrical. Disadvantage is that it is in passenger footwell. Cost was around $80.00 If I can do it you can do it!

jake-cutter

So far I have bought most of the outside upgrades and am moving to the interior. I can't seem to find any led interior lights such as the wait, brake, and headlight indicator lights. Anybody have a source for led indicator lights?

jake-cutter

I finally got all of the parts for the Airlift bumper but the spacers that came in today from Kascar are two different thicknesses. 3 are thicker than the 4th and one of the thicker ones holes don't line up. What is the appropriate thickness for the spacers?

Thinner spacer on the left and the thicker spacer that the holes don't match the others on the right.
CAM01928.jpg

The thinner one is on the bottom and the 3 thicker ones seem to be made/cut differently.
CAM01925.jpg

sully199

image.jpgI just drilled mine to have the ability to put the bolts through, I only used the outside mounts, that is more than sufficient to mount the bumper to, plus since my buddy sold his chopper, I guess I don't have to worry about him, lifting my HMMWV!!! lol

jake-cutter

These are the spacers that go on the frame rails between the frame and mounting brackets. Nothing to drill through as these are just spacers. Did you install the spacers on your frame rails before mounting the brackets? Its item #20 in the diagram below

Spacer.jpg

Last edited:

sully199

I drilled the holes in the spacers wider, so I could put the bolts through them, yes I used the spacers. I only used # 16, was going to mount # 20, but I was getting pissed at the difference in the holes. So me and my employees made the decision that that was more than sufficient to mount the bumper.

Blackmagic94

I installed a dual 40mm ammo can holder from a m1042 into my four door on the wood panel in the center today. Nice to be able to carry ammo without it flopping around now

tomcata3

I bought the tray table new for $15 but had to make extensions so it would bolt up to the dash. Mounted to the wood box I
have two 12v outlets, controls for golight, tiny tach, and the radio / speakers. The top section with the speakers lifts off and inside is a 12v fuse block. I plan on adding a back up camera soon. The switch on the side kills power to the tach and 12v outlets.
View attachment 594095DSC02698.jpg

jake-cutter

Looking to add another accessory. Does anyone have a source for a toolbox that goes in the bed by the tailgate? I have seen them on sf trucks and some were for sale last year, but the supply seems to have dried up.

Last edited:

fnpurist

Looking to add another accessory. Does anyone have a source for a toolbox that goes in the bed by the tailgate? I have seen them on sf trucks and some were for sale last year, but the supply seems to have dried up.
I also have been looking for that toolbox. It was made by MSA and like most hmmwv mods they make, they are tough to find.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could also look for an Avenger system tool box. those mount in place of the rear tailgate IIRC

KansasBobcat

Ordered some mud flaps for the airlift bumper and it got me to wondering where does everyone place their rear license plate?
I drilled and tapped 2 holes in the airlift bumper in the same location as on my H1. You could attach to mud flap. If you have a spare mounted you could attach to that. There are a lot of options. Also you could use magnetic mounts on bumper or near pintle. I did not want to drill holes in the body as I was doing a restoration as the HMMWV were somewhat rare at the time. However, it seems that now that they have become more common owners are doing a lot of custom modifications. It is your truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks