• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson to Ft Bliss to OKC to Ft Riley to St Louis, and back.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driver's rear tire on my M923A2 blew the sidewall today. Yes, it was a directional michelin.

Changing it was a long hot job. I'm wiped out.
Oh that sucks...last year I had the passenger-side rear tire blow out the sidewall while towing a loaded trailer; not fun, and the CTIS adds to the work.

Hope you get some good rest tonight!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the rear flat delayed me by about a day. I got up the following morning and disabled the CTIS and inflated everything to 55psi.

I got going again the next day and made it about 200 miles before the front passenger tire blew at highway speeds. I immediately took the exit that was right there and then continued accross to the entrance ramp (traffic on the exit ramp carries the residual speed from the interstate; traffic on the entrance ramp is starting out from stopped - safer). Full details here http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...etween-St-Louis-and-OKC&p=1747971#post1747971

I've made it to destination. I took the M925A1 to Jefferson Barracks and picked up a container.

I'm now doing the things I need to do to my house in MO that was hit by a tornado a couple of months ago. I'll update this thread again when I depart MO for AZ, with two 5ton trucks towbarred together and loaded to the gills...

Attachments

Last edited:

turnkey

Glad to hear the recovery went great.....our M35A3 is working great again after a trip to the shop for front end work as the Boss was moving it in the front yard and hit the buffalo rubbing rock in front of the place....Only large rock on the place as I point out to her....She point out that it was my fault for leaveing the rock there in the first place...As I could have moved it 20 years ago....So how was I to know this......Guys at the shop, are happy to see me have the rig towed there for repairs......Even have free coffee and dounuts.......Wow how can I go wrong....1500 bucks later.

swirvin21

I'm sorry to hear about your home in MO being hit by a tornado. If you make another trip up in the future, perhaps I can come along and help. Had I known, maybe I could have made arrangements to come along on this trip. Drive safe! I still chuckle at that container riding around upside down!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Wow, I hope it goes better for you on the return trip. Anyone else would have probably hung it up and called a tire service. You are definitely an energetic soul.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well that's easy. If you take the coefficient of the fourth parallel angle of the isosceles triangle thermodynamic flow theorem. It would be easy to determine that differential dynamic. I thought you would have known that. Must be too much road time. I think you need some rest.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the math would be correct.... 1 truck= 10mpg, so logically....2 trucks= 5 mpg

lindsey97

Well that's easy. If you take the coefficient of the fourth parallel angle of the isosceles triangle thermodynamic flow theorem. It would be easy to determine that differential dynamic. I thought you would have known that. Must be too much road time. I think you need some rest.

Farva If you say "shenanigans" one more time..................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks