• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson to Ft Bliss to OKC to Ft Riley to St Louis, and back.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That was a special uparmored MRAP zip tie to be specific. LOL.

Glad it could come off. I was worried about zipping it up like that.

Always glad to see you.

Safe travels.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
how fast will the truck go?
It'll do 70+mph.

This truck looks run of the mill but it's actually one of the better 939series trucks I've driven. No rebuild tags on it anywhere and showing about 20,000miles. Runs like a condemned soul escaping he11.

I see no reason to exceed the maufacturer's speed rating of the tires (by much). I'm cruising at a comfortable, smooth, and sedate 60. I'm even pulling most of the hills at 60. I didn't drop below 45mph even on some of the steeper stuff in NM.

We'll see how it does on the way back next week with another truck in tow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couple of pics from fill up this morning, and now stopped at the rest area on I 40 somewhere in NM....
Kind of looks like the McD's in Moriarty NM or possibly Edgewood.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pics from today, when I stopped in Santa Rosa to eat. I'm stopped at roadside parking now, going to sleep in the back tonight. ..
Did you make it to the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa?

bluehole.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks