• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tucson to Ft Bliss to OKC to Ft Riley to St Louis, and back.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which truck is it? The Riley truck or the 676 truck?
The HLD4 truck you saw on the outbound leg.

There were no signs of impending failure on any of them.

I've stopped for tje night at Munday TX.

Here's some pics from Lindsey97's...

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Age, sitting in the sun, possibly flat before GP photos, flat spot in the belt, road heat, etc.. it all adds up but at least it was on a rear!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
LOOOONNNNG Day for several people. Last night TornadoGT came over from east of San Antonio (that's over 500 miles) and he got the stuff 98G dropped here a few weeks ago. He also took ownership of all of my remaining MED-HVY towbars. TornadoGT passed off stuff for 98G. This was accomplished at 2300 hours last night after TornadoGT had worked all day and then drove all evening to make it to El Paso!

I met up with COE_1954 at noon with a bunch of seats and then headed to meet up with 98G.

98G spent last night in Van Horn and met up with me in Anthony, TX around 1300 and I got a big butt tire for Droprat up in Las Cruces, NM and he got a cab top and a HVY towbar. While at the rest stop, we were approached by a non-American (we're right on the border) with what turned out to be a busted water pump. His wife and daughter were over in the shade but it was still probably 100' in the shade and the humidity was up which is rare for this area. 98G knew enough Spanish to make things happen and we pulled his water pump right there in the rest stop. 98G SURE HAS A BIG HEART!!!!!!!!

I had some stuff pending to get to FMJ anyway so I took Droprats tire with me to Las Cruces. I knew ahead of time that Droprat wasn't home so I left it at FMJ along the stuff I was dropping off. FMJ had spent most of the night up like TornadoGT, 98G and myself.

Then it was back to El Paso and a quick stop at Shotty to leave him the CUCV pin that I kept forgetting to give to him for the past millennium. Then back to storage to get empty footlockers for the pending move and then back home to walk to the dogs. I just got home at 2200. BTW: Either I'm stealthy or Shotty's dog needs to learn how to be a better watch dog. I drop stuff off and nobody even knows I was there. Elderly ninja moves I guess.

98G texted me and said he was home just before I made it home.

Like I said, LOOOONNNNNG day for several people.

swirvin21

glad you made it home safely, finally! Hated getting that text that you had yet another flat. Hope those extra wheels helped! Just got home myself and hope to sneak up and see Lindsey this week. Then I can find out if my new storage locker turns out to be my new shiny doghouse to sleep in....thanks again for the assist, let me know next time you're through the area and we'll meet up. Can help find more 14s out of Texarkana but they have had some crap tires sell ridiculously high at times.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Was out at Ft Riley this morning doing a pick up and happened to notice a rather motley crew in one of the now vacant lots with three 923's and red 1ton Dodge dually. Got my stuff from GL and on the way to BFR stopped by to see who it was, well it was them and had 2 running and were starting on the 3rd which had a full tank of fuel?. Would have spent more time and maybe helped but wanted to get out to Salina when it was still in the low 90's for a morning of parts pulling. I did take the time to let time to let them know that BFR/ Glen was 45 mins west if they need parts or tires. Started to drive off and realized no pic's so here's a couple.
98G is in the cab 000_0157.jpg lindsey97 is on the ground 000_0158.jpg and sorru but forgot the other guys name. 000_0159.jpg

Last edited:

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John I hope you have a better return trip this time! Prayers out for safe travels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks