• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of some information. Location of VIN M35A2

Jay1979

I work for a salvage yard and we have an M35A2 that has been sitting here for a few years. I have been given the job of not only posting it on Craigslist, but also trying to track down the VIN number. I have tried everything I can think of, yet I can't find it. Can anyone give me some advice on where to look for it? Is there a common spot to look? It still looks solid. It would be a shame to chop it up for parts.

Joe956

Greetings! I am wondering if anyone might know a new source of the VIN details Carnac has provided in the past. I recently bought a Deuce and I am absolutely loving it. I got it from my cousin who obtained it from a registered buyer? Anyway it has not been in civilian hands very long. He was able to have it cleared and titled in New Hampshire and I had no trouble transferring it to Maine where I live. But it is registered as a 1970 and from what I have found so far I am thinking it might actually be a '71 or even a '72. I would love to know more about it, anything I can find out really. She is very clean. I have seen quite a few up my way but none were anywhere close to the condition she is in.
This is what I have for numbers;

Stock No. 2320-077-161
Identification No. 04M-58171 0525-2389
General Products Division
Jeep Corporation
Contract No. DAAE 06-70-C-0001

Tag inside drivers door frame; MWO APPLIED 9-2320-2000-35-1 DATE 9305
Inside drivers door "CARC 06"
Front bumper; Driver's side "C-16" Passenger side "38 38 MSB"
Rear bumps; Driver's side "B 51" Passenger side "42186 FSB"

Any info is greatly appreciated and thanks for all those who work to maintain the site. I have been reading from it for a while now and finally joined.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, let's see what your info can give us. Contract number shows it is a part of the 1970 (the -70-) contract.
Tag inside drivers door frame - seatbelts installed May 1993
Inside drivers door "CARC 06" - painted with CARC paint in 2006
Identification No. 04M-58171 0525-2389 - There is an article somewhere on this site that explains how you can find the year accepted by the military from the first part of that number. Can't remember if it is the "M" or the last digit "1". What is unusual from my experience is the four digit serial number '2389' as I remember each 'series' always starting with 10000 (IE, second vehicle in the 0525 series would have been 10001). Each type of truck had it's own series - 0525 I think is regular cargo truck. HTH and someone with more knowledge should soon chime in.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, let's see what your info can give us. Contract number shows it is a part of the 1970 (the -70-) contract.
Tag inside drivers door frame - seatbelts installed May 1993
Inside drivers door "CARC 06" - painted with CARC paint in 2006
Identification No. 04M-58171 0525-2389 - There is an article somewhere on this site that explains how you can find the year accepted by the military from the first part of that number. Can't remember if it is the "M" or the last digit "1". What is unusual from my experience is the four digit serial number '2389' as I remember each 'series' always starting with 10000 (IE, second vehicle in the 0525 series would have been 10001). Each type of truck had it's own series - 0525 I think is regular cargo truck. HTH and someone with more knowledge should soon chime in.
This article by David Doyle ?
Deciphering the codes: Kaiser-Jeep and AM ... - Military Trader

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who is or was CARNAC?

I read some earlier articles here where they were able to retrieve relative history for MV's, almost like a CarFax report.
An SS Member by the username CARNAC WAS able to search the US Army's MV Data Base and provide VIN Info to members, asking only a donation to the Wound Warriors Project. in return.
UNFORTUNATELY for all of us, he has recently retired (with our most sincere congratulations) and no longer has access to those government files.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks