• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

004.jpgI did a temporary mount of a Chevrolet Cavalcade seat that I had in the barn for 2 decades. I used the newer style M1009 base and it will not bolt fast to the floor pan because Terminus M1009 had the heavy duty first design seat bases. It had a complete set of seat bases. Good score. Flat bar and elevator bolts/studs will make the job easy. 005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg008.jpgI hung up the welding blankets to keep the welding sparks from etching the glass on Terminus M1009. Call me what ever. I am still use the same care and workmanship on this off road vehicle that I do on any other thing I work on. I do not take short cuts that make it look crappy. I will clean up all the welding area and sand and paint this area. The spare tire mount will still fit and the fuel can mount will also. I have an update I want to do with the spare tire after my first outing next week. I want to see how it performs off road. No Chinese motor mounts to ruin my day.

cucvrus

010.jpg011.jpg012.jpgAfter a lot of pressure washing , hammering, sanding, grinding, drilling and welding the gate looks really good inside and it was painted with sealer and some 686 CARC tan paint inside. Now I can put the glass back in it and reassemble the entire gate. It works awesome and opens and closes with ease. May not look the best. But I cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Not this time anyway. I needed something to start with. Here I had nothing but puss. Thanks for looking.

cucvrus

010.jpgI could not get the grille guard and front bumper tight enough to suit me. So off with it. The gas wrench made quick work off it. And it was painless. 012.jpgThese old rusty bolts will be going to the recycling bucket. Maybe they will become a MV again. 3 more days to launch. Weather is not cooperating when I have helpers it rains. I still have openings for the paint and body class.

cucvrus

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpgToday I made up my mind on the seats. The Chevy Express seats are in to stay. They are both drivers side seats but that is fine for this vehicle. I also did a little work to the hack job floor repair on the left side. I fixed all the holes and caulked everything nice. Thank you for looking. I figured some one else may need the original M1009 seats so I will have to get them boxed up. These are a direct fit onto the M1009 seat tracks and bases. Can be returned to stock if needed. I installed the door seals and the thresholds. The Terminus M1009 is still for sale in the classifieds. I am still trying to get this ready for Saturday at Rausch Creek, The Power Steering bracket was held on by 1 bolt. I installed another bracket and will be welding the old bracket. Notice the tie downs that I install at random locations thru out the interior.

cucvrus

Terminus was not worked on today. Mr Rusty and my Easter M1008 project held me up.001.jpg002.jpg003.jpgI towed this M1008 to the exhaust shop. They like me at the exhaust shop. I send them lots of work. i hate exhaust work with a passion. I like sawzalls and torches. They work best on old exhaust. Cut it off and send it for new. I know that some thought $450. for a complete set of dual exhaust was expensive. I think it is a bargain. I don't have to do it. If it rattles they fix it. They warrant the time and materials for 2 years and that is fine with me. Pay and fly. I must say towing with the new truck is much nicer then towing with the CUCV. The Stabilatrak is awesome. On back roads it helps maintain any pushing and the hill assist is great when you stop at an intersection that has a hill. I towed straight thru from Augusta GA to home without even getting tired. The trips I towed with the CUCV north from Augusta I could only make it to Blacksburg VA and I needed a hotel room. I was that beat from the sway and pushing. It was like driving a train on rails. Pulling a pickup with an M1009 is the most stressful situation. The new pick up you can hardly tell its back there except for the pintle ring slop. I am thinking of changing that to a 2 5/16" ball. Thank you for looking.

cucvrus

Join DateDec 2014Locationwest TennesseePosts1,133Feedback Score

What is on the side of blazer in the first picture ? Is that a chicken?

Ah no chickens here. That is my Granddaughter. How do you get a chicken out of that? You must have some fancy chickens down your way that wear clothing. :). So you are partially right a chick is in the back of the Mule. ;)

CUCVLOVER

Join DateDec 2014Locationwest TennesseePosts1,133Feedback Score

Ah no chickens here. That is my Granddaughter. How do you get a chicken out of that? You must have some fancy chickens down your way that wear clothing. :). So you are partially right a chick is in the back of the Mule. ;)

Ok.
From that angle and on my phone screen the brown kind of looked like a chicken.
I'm glad I didn't go around telling people that you keep chickens in your truck.

Thanks for clearing out up.

Also I didn't think you were that old. (Experienced)

Does she like the trucks?

rsh4364

450 for front to back Mufflers and all really isn't that bad. (I know I know)
I lmao when I read this one,I clearly saw a a young girl.And couldn't figured out what cucvlover was talking about til he explained! funny..

CUCVLOVER

I know,I know,thats why it was so funny,I understood why you had things mixed up.Im still chuckling about the mis-understanding.Hopefully Rick didn't tell the grandchild you thought she was a chicken...
Thanks
That would be bad. She could hurt me worse than him.

I hope Rick takes these pics well.

Attachments

rsh4364

HaHa,lol...About time we all got a sense of humor around hear again.CUCVLOVER you seem to have a maturity about you for only being 17,You are an asset to the community.

cucvrus

018.jpg019.jpg020.jpgTonight I replaced the blower motor on Terminus M1009. Took it off a parts truck. I removed the fan cage and cleaned it and then cleaned and oiled the motor. The OEM motors was a screamer and would let out a scream at the most inopportune times. I removed the right door panel and lubed the regulator it went up and down about 5 times real nice and then the shaft locked up. I think the oil just made everything fall apart inside the regulator gear mechanism. Another parts truck item. The window and the blower motor were my only concerns that I wanted to fix after the Saturday run. The dry mud on the engine is a good way to check if it has any oil leaks. I see none so far.

cucvrus

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg
A couple of people had showed some interest in the rear window channel runs that I made out of the rubber trim lock. It works great and don't cost $80. and it is water proof and not made of cloth.

cucvrus

007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg
I used some J/tinnerman nuts on the corner cover screw holes. They are always chewed out to big. I attached the corner cover seals and cut them to fit the gate tight.

cucvrus

011.jpg012.jpg013.jpg014.jpgI was looking for this brush seal last week. I could not find it. Today I did find it and installed it on Terminus M1009. After the test last weeknd and the window and gate operating so well I deceived it was time to complete the gate and rear brush seal. This seal works better then the original and keeps the snow and leaves from getting down in the gate and still allows it to have a good seal. With the aluminum and nylon it is going to stay nice longer then the after market replacements that they charge $50. for. I have these on several M1009's and some have been on for 7+ years without any failure. I also do a solid rubber seal but prefer the brush seal. It sits nice on the edge of the glass when open and presses tight on the glass as it travels up and down. I picked it up at a scrap pile it was drilled wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks