• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

019.jpg018.jpg020.jpg021.jpg022.jpg023.jpg
And while I was at it. No job is complete till the last coat of paint is applied. I have to keep telling myself. I am not restoring Terminus M1009. It is my newest bestist TOY at this time. (Granddaughters quote) I have many TOYS but this is the newest. I had a great time with it Saturday and want to do a few improvements and go at it again. Soon. I want it to be muddy next time. Even raining. It just had mud holes this time. Thank you for looking.

cucvrus

025.jpg024.jpg026.jpg027.jpg028.jpg
Yesterday while I was working on Terminus M1009 I discovered that it needed a right window regulator. I also remembered that I had a n ugly right door in my barn that I had been storing for 15 years. It was time to dispose of the scrap. I pulled the door out and stripped it. It had a lot of good parts. Every part but the door shell. I used the crank on Mr. Rusty and the regulator I will install on Terminus M1009 if the weather permits. It is a shame for this door. It was on a very nice M1028 and the door and fender were repaired by someone that had no business doing body work. Check that out. It was a nice door and had a few dents and someone thought they fixed the door and fender. Poor job to a nice door. Check out the bottom of the door and the inside was nice.029.jpg030.jpg031.jpgI was able to glean all the parts from the door and then discard the door onto the scrap pile where it belongs. The parts will,take up less room.

cucvrus

Tonight I removed the right window regulator from Terminus M1009 front door. It was locked up. I removed it and worked it a bit in my hands and it freed itself up. I cranked it open and close and then when I felt it was easy. I reinstalled the regulator in the door. Works good now. I also lubed all the door latches and the lock cylinders. I oiled the wing vents and they open and close real nice. After that I cleaned the window and adjusted the track so it went up and down with ease. I will do the same to the left drivers door. Maybe next week. I checked out Terminus M1009 a bit. It has a right outer front axle u joint that is bad and needs replaced. I never noticed it on Saturday. Thank you for looking.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Terminus M1009 had to make a trip to the exhaust shop. The exhaust received some damage on the right rear tail pipe muffler. It seems the black trails at Rausch Creek last weekend grabbed a hold of a clamp and pulled the pipe out of the muffler. And the part of the muffler that was holding the tailpipe is also pulled apart internally.They are doing the repairs as a warranty repair and adding a few more hangers to the mufflers. An XHD exhaust is what the shop referred to it. I told them what I was going to be using it for when they put the entire system on the truck. Terminus M1009 runs much better this week when going to the shop then it did last week. It has more power and drives and shifts nicer. That off roading trip was a wake up call. The more I run it the better it runs. I will be doing a lot of updates on Terminus M1009 over the winter months if I have the time to do it. Thank you for looking. No pictures today. I never even got the tow-bar out. I slapped a dealers tag on the back and drove it to the exhaust shop.

cucvrus

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpgThis is a perfect example of why some people should not work on their own vehicles. This is not a CUCV but the same principle. What is wrong with that picture. This truck had the springs replaced 2 years ago by the owner. he could only get 3 of the u bolts thru the top plate. Hey why not 3 is good enough. And the bolts are OK as long a few threads catch. He brought it to me because the gas tank was leaking. It turned out it had a radiator hose for a filler hose and it was eaten up by the constant contact with gasoline. I have a new filler hose kit coming. I had some U- bolts from an old lift kit that I bought at a yard sale years back and used them to replace the old U bolts. They were to long so I improvised. I got all 4 bolts thru. I must have done something right. I used a few 5/8" flat washers and torched off the length. I had the fuel tank taped shut. Do the job right the first time and move on. Not a road vehicle. A farm truck. Good enough?

Attachments

cucvrus

I have decided to sell the 5 OEM stock wheels that are on Terminus M1009. OEM stock as they are. They will be checked for straightness. I will be putting stock rally wheels on Terminus M1009. This is to prevnt the damage that is bound to happen to the OEM stock M1009 wheels. They are getting harder to find. I will be listing them in the classifieds. The sale will benefit the purchase of 4 new Goodyear 31 x 10.5 15 MTR Kevlar's for the Terminus M1009. Check it out if interested. I know a few people have been asking for M1009 stock steel wheels.

cucvrus

Terminus M1009 is coming back today. The exhaust shop repaired the right muffler and flipped the clamps threads up so it is not a scrap wood gathering machine when I am off road with it. We drove it back on the road with the dealers tag. Man that thing runs better each time. I think it is showing some gratitude for saving it from the crush pile and not raping it for parts. It will make a nice off road M1009. Later with that project. I am eyeball deep in a few more at this time.

rsh4364

I think if Terminus is gonna be your off-road 1009 you should throw a set of those 1 ton axles you have laying around on it,and maybe a 2" lift (or not) with some mud terrain 33x12.5s.

cucvrus

That would defeat the purpose of my having Terminus M1009. Anyone can go off road in a fabricated truck. I want to see just how well you can wheel in a stock M1009. That is my whole point in having it. The average guys off road / on road vehicle. So far it is passing with an A+. Besides I have been selling a lot of my ton truck stuff. Kids have lots of money to spend on toys. They haggle less and pay cash.[thumbzup]

cucvrus

I think if Terminus is gonna be your off-road 1009 you should throw a set of those 1 ton axles you have laying around on it,and maybe a 2" lift (or not) with some mud terrain 33x12.5s.
Are the 4:56 gears you are running in the 1/2 ton axles? Are you wanting a set of 3:08 axles?

cucvrus

I still have the 1987 K10 with the 700 R in it. A member/ex-member???? here paid a deposit and never came and picked it up. This is the second person that gave me a deposit on the same truck. I will just keep collecting deposits and the truck will be paid for and still mine.

cucvrus

I had not started Terminus M1009 for the past 2 weeks. Today I went out and turned the key on. The glow plug light lit and went out and it started on the first revolution. I am impressed with this truck. I never did anything to it but run it hard at Rausch Creek and it just keeps going. I parked it in the field under a few trees for the winter. I hope to get working on it soon. Right now I have to many other projects going on. I never pulled a glow plug or checked anything on this vehicle. Never been molested just run hard. I actually thought about putting a set of Antique tags on it. But I have enough iron with tags at this point another one is not needed. If we get any monster snow storms I will be be getting it out again. I have a set of Goodyear MTR's 31 10;50 x 15 for it. I still have the stock wheels. I listed them in the classifieds. I guess I will be using some GM rally's when I mount the new tires. I am getting ready for another off road adventure in the spring. Some just keep going and others just keep breaking.

cucvrus

Today I used Terminus M1009 to tear down a house on an adjacent property. It was great fun. I drove thru the back porch area and tore the entire rear addition off the house. It was about a 100 year old home and it was in rough shape. We had been working on it for the last 5 years. It was going to be remodeled until the estimates came back. It is coming down piece by piece and being burned up in Mr Rusty's cargo bed. I have a few videos but was unable to post them. I put them on my Facebook page. Anyway the point of my post here is 1 you could see them if I could post them. 2 the power steering was making horrible noises since I bought Terminus M1009. Today the front pulley fell off the power steering pump. The power steering still works and the amazing thing is the alternator is still charging and the belt stayed on all day while I used the M1009 to rip and tear away at the house. The Gen 1 light came on dimly but the volt meter was in the green. I ran the truck about5 hours today after dinner. I never had a PS pulley come apart before. First time for everything. I may just weld it back on. Or maybe I will remove the pump and replace the pulley. Welding would be the easy way. But not sure I could get it straight enough. Thanks for looking.

cucvrus

I have been using Terminus M1009 for some house breaking. Basically you inter twine chains and straps thru parts of the house and drive away. Very useful wood cutting, pulling fence posts and carrying people and tools into and back from the field. Very handy and I never worry about scratching it. I do not purposely hit things with it. But we use it everyday the last 2 weeks without fail.Today I hope to give terminus M1009 an oil change and lube job. I also want to pull the right axle out the front and put another one in. I have several that have good u-joints. This one is completely gone out. I will post pictures later.

cucvrus

DSCF5837 - Copy.jpgDSCF5839.jpgDSCF5838 - Copy.jpgDSCF5841.jpgDSCF5843.jpgDSCF5842.jpgCheck out Terminus M1009 the way the belt is on generator 1. It has stayed on like this the past 3 days and we have been using it hard. It really throws the belt and the voltmeter is in the green and charges fine. Not that I will keep it that way. But it is great that I can keep using it in the field this way. The engine is running in the pictures. the flash just stops it for the moment of the picture. DSCF5845.jpgDSCF5846.jpgThe volt meter stays in the green and the belt stays on. The Gen 1 light just flashes on and off. but it is charging fine. DSCF5840.jpgI went over to the woods and skidded a few logs from the field and the belt still stayed DSCF5844.jpgon. We pulled down a chimney and its still there. I will fix or replace the pulley later. I have till Wednesday to get the house off the foundation. Today was rainy and slowed the progress. better days ahead. Have a great day.

cucvrus

Today I went up to help a friend with cutting some firewood on his property. I towed Terminus M1009 up to the forest for wood cutting. Well no wood got cut. The friend had his truck stuck in the rocks on the power line. I went up and pulled him off the rocks. What a fool he was. In the mean time I bottomed out on the rocks and bent my cross member worse then it was. I also had both front axle U joints knocking and grinding. I came back home after I had him dislodged from the rocks and decided to do the repairs to my truck while it was not below zero out. I found both lower ball joints bad and the axle U joints were gone. I never seen a cross member with slotted holes in it. That is not normal. But I was surprised to see that the hubs were never off of this truck since I owned it back in 1995-96. The tan CARC was still in the bolt holes of the lock outs. it was in decent shape inside the hubs and wheel bearings. The spindle bearings and seals were very close to going dry and burning up. I caught them in time to clean and grease them. Well here we go. My toy needs some attention. I will rep[lace all the ball joints and the U joints and repack the front wheel bearings and service the hubs. I already took care of everything on the rear axle so I guess it is only fair to take care of the front one. I don't want a good day of wheeling to turn into a bad day sitting some where with a broken Terminus M1009. I am taking better care of this trail rig then some guys do their daily drivers. Thanks for looking. Autozone has all the parts for about $300. I am going to replace the motor mounts, transmission mounts and Fuel lift pump while I am down there. You got to play or it gets boring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks