• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PU348A/G Diesel Generator 5 KW I just got and have questions on.

Humpy

Just got the above unit primarily to use the trailer for mounting another generator on (Onan 7.5 KW Propane fired).

I have searched Bing and Google for the Mod number and no luck.

I asked a retired SF E8 I know who was Signal Corps and sent him pics. He told me it was a specialty unit most likely from the 70s with all the 120V plugs and was most likely for a field admin unit or field hospital. I have been cautioned that before I tear it apart I should ask if I might be destroying something that should not be.

It was a two digit serial number to boot.

Is anyone familiar with such? What is was for etc?

Humpy

This is obviously front and back views. Did not take pic of the under carriage as it started to rain. you can see where the tongue goes into the front there is a quick release pull pin with a ball & spring retaining device.

Attachments

Last edited:

AZK9

Interesting...

Sorry that I can't help you at this point. I will, however, try to find some info and/or similar pics that might assist you.

Thanks for the post and photo.

AZK9

While researching this unit, I came upon posts you had made on a different forum. It might help to post that data
plate photo and maybe even some of the other ones too. That way someone here might have a better idea of what
you've got.

Also... if there are other data plates still covered with old paint, you ought to try to carefully remove those 'layers'.
The information hidden by that old paint might provide the answers you're looking for. Just a thought.

I'll continue to search. If I find anything helpful I will post it here.
Good luck with your project.

AZK9

... I'll continue to search. If I find anything helpful I will post it here. ...
I sent you a link in a PM. It's a link to another forum (not sure if I can post the link here) that looks like it might be helpful.

Also found some pics that look a lot like your trailer and fits some of the description you supplied in the previous posts.

smalltrailer pic-001.jpg smalltrailer pic-002.jpg smalltrailer pic-003.jpg

Hope it helps. [thumbzup]

AZK9

The info off the above data plate is as follows:

Data plate info is as follows: Trailer, Generator Set V226A/C Federal Stock No. 2330 066 4490.
Electromagnetic Industries Inc. Sayville NY Moultrie GA. Trailer # 749. Dated 7/64.
Repair Parts List SL-4-03906B. Tech. Manual. TM03906B-15

AZK9

More trailer info here: ps-article-re-trailer-001.jpg

This can be found on page 2 of the PS article link ( I put in a previous post ).

Hope it helps.

Humpy

AZK9 the only thing I can open is the little book. I click on the yellow stuff and I get a white page and nothing happens?????

Is there something of choice to remove the paint with. I have a pressure washer I will get to eventually once I get the engine/generator off.

Last edited:

Humpy

I just went out and took more pics and more detailed pics of this and that. Checked the dates of manufacture on the tires and both are 1964. Also removed dip stick and photographed the oil on it with no moisture apparent.

AZK9

AZK9 the only thing I can open is the little book. I click on the yellow stuff and I get a white page and nothing happens?????

Is there something of choice to remove the paint with. I have a pressure washer I will get to eventually once I get the engine/generator off.
Not sure why the links don't work for you. They open up for me. Hummmm... Not sure of the problem. Maybe someone else could suggest a way for you to open them. Can you see the pics that I have posted?

Aside from that, to remove the paint from the trailer data plate: You might try rubbing (with a rag), some nail polish remover (or regular acetone) over the red surface. Takes time but you don't want to damage the plate and/or remove the black 'paint' originally put on the data plate when it was manufactured. So... don't rub hard, or overuse any chemicals, or abrasives. Here too... maybe there are folks on the forum (with more extensive experience) who know a better way of removing that red paint in order to expose the data beneath.

Whatever you do... proceed with caution and patience. You sure don't want to damage or lose the information printed, or stamped on those two data plates. They, most likely, will be the 'keys' to identifying the trailer.

Good luck. :)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since many of the dataplates are a raised inscription type, the simplest paint removers should work, but test in a small area.

Mark, are you looking at this site on a computer or a phone/tablet? You need to be on a 'regular' computer that has the Adobe Acrobat reader installed and linked to the browser you are using to be able to open the links that are in yellow (and you should do them in 'another tab' or window). Then they will download the file and open the Acrobat Reader once they have the manual downloaded.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks