• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to start working on the M1151A1. Replaced the fluids on the hubs and differentials. Had to clean the RF geared hub due to acumulated sand ( it came drained and no plugs) and also opened the rear differential as there was no drain plug present. Rear diff was clean. Installed new rims and the tires i had in my truck with 90% tread. Planning to remove the emgine and install a working one in the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor

HUMMER H1

I'll take is opportunity to "Dad" you. Please tell me I just can't see the jack stand?
replacing front springs doesn’t require jack stand, in fact it’s the opposite, you need to be able to raise and lower the vehicle and one end of the control arm,
No need to open the hood or lay under the vehicle,
17 minutes to take a spring out
30 min to put it back,
All done form the side of the vehicle and the comfort of sitting on a upside down milk crate 😍💪

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the truck box bolted down. Lots of time on the table saw getting the wood blocks cut to fit the bed, and getting the height just where I want it- it sits about even with the ammo cans inside so when the rear curtain is rolled up it doesn't hinder the view out the back.

Filled it with the tool bag, that heavy hydraulic jack, and other items. Tried to lock it and the lock mechanism was broken. :mad: It worked fine the last time I tried it, now its dead. Drill out the rivets holding the latch assembly and grind off the pivot pin for the latch. The locking tab broke off the lock cylinder, and like most typical crap you buy these days it was pressed on instead of screwed, so you can't just screw on a new locking tab.

I have a good lock in the stash but the locking tab is different, so decided to check online for a replacement. Tractor Supply has one for DeeZee boxes that looks like it'll fit for $20, so I ride the motorcycle out and buy it. Threw the packaging away because it wouldn't fit in my pocket. Get home and the locking tab is too short to engage the locking part of the latch assembly.

Revisited the lock I have in the stash, and start the process of making the locking tab fit. Assemble the whole thing, check, mark the part to grind, dissemble, grind, smooth, reassemble, check the fit.... That went on for about two hours. The pivot pin I had to grind off to dissemble the whole mess was replaced by a long aircraft bolt from the stash that fit perfectly.

Pop-riveted the latch assembly back onto the box and everything is working right again.

Box.jpg

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Finished fabrication of adapter bracket that can mount Silverado mirrors to humvee .

those mirrors are 75 dollars at Amazon, manual adjustable, I took out the back section where it was supposed to attach to Silverado door, it’s triangle shape.View attachment 911599View attachment 911600View attachment 911601View attachment 911602View attachment 911604View attachment 911605View attachment 911607View attachment 911608
Does anybody make these mirror brackets for sale?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks