• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since the CUCVs, Deuces and 5-Tons have their threads I guess it is time for the HMMWVs to have one also.

I dont have one so I have done nothing to mine.

So post them up.

I installed hard doors.
20151208_182543.jpg20151208_182530-2.jpg20151208_182511-2.jpg
BTW does anyone know if with a soft top, the latches can go to the second latching position? I have not been able to close mine tight enough to get to that second/final position.

I also installed the locking latches and retrofitted springs to keep the sliders in it from rattling too much.

sully199

Storage armreast

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgJust built this as an armrest and storage inside the truck. Came in handy tailgating at the Dolphins game on Sunday, with my son. Its great as an armrest in the back and for the front too. My 10yr old named it the Mobil Man Cave.

TedG

Interesting looking fording stack. Is that from some different vehicle? Is there an additional first stage air/water filter on that?
amg intake stack available for late model hmmwv's (m1113/1114/1152/1165/1167) in a crappy environment. It is just a precleaner section attached to a stack. The mushroom cap is part of the precleaner. Omega bracket holds it to the window frame.

Dock Rocker

I got all those dang radiator hoses changed and a new heater control valve installed. Next on the list is the belts. I a trying to recruit an anorexic midget to assist with the removal of the line going to the fan motor.

Predator42

I installed hard doors.
View attachment 598448View attachment 598449View attachment 598450
BTW does anyone know if with a soft top, the latches can go to the second latching position? I have not been able to close mine tight enough to get to that second/final position.

I also installed the locking latches and retrofitted springs to keep the sliders in it from rattling too much.
I have tried a 2 man soft top, a 4 man and a full soft ambulance soft top and my X doors all close fine and all the way with any of the above mentioned soft tops. Hope that helps.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, yesterday I used it to transport all sorts of neat remote hole punchers, but that's all I can say about that.

Today I just ordered a 4 man top setup for it. Have a line on some seats too. I plan on stripping it down and painting it soon. Then converting it to a 4 man setup.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks