Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bumper Markings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 434 Posts

Default Bumper Markings

Need some help with the bumper markings on my duce, please.

Left side...... ECS 27 under that A 20 . Right side 77 C- R .

I'd also like to know where to find info on these units once identified?

Thank you,
    Bill

The Envelope Please. Steel Soldiers Vendor CARNAC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 1,848 Posts

The vehicle belonged to a unit within the 77th Reserve Readiness Command headquartered at Fort Totten, New York (NY City). Key point is that it was from one of their units which means it could have come from anywhere in NY or NJ. The ECS27 tells me the vehicle was stored in the Equipment Concentration Site #27 located at Fort Dix, NJ. The ECS acts like a storage facility since reserve units aren't staffed or funded to maintain all of their equipment at their home station.

The A20 is vehicle #20 within A Company.

I would need the serial number and/or registration number to tell you more.

Thanks

btw, there should be more numbers immediately after the 77 C-R.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 434 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by medlog
    The vehicle belonged to a unit within the 77th Reserve Readiness Command headquartered at Fort Totten, New York (NY City). Key point is that it was from one of their units which means it could have come from anywhere in NY or NJ. The ECS27 tells me the vehicle was stored in the Equipment Concentration Site #27 located at Fort Dix, NJ. The ECS acts like a storage facility since reserve units aren't staffed or funded to maintain all of their equipment at their home station.

The A20 is vehicle #20 within A Company.

I would need the serial number and/or registration number to tell you more.

Thanks Medlog for the info, Where do you go to get it? As for the other numbers, the truck has been repainted so they are covered for now. I'll get the serial & reg# tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Thanks

Army bumper numbers are just by experience. Sorry, I can't dilvulge where I get the other info.

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by medlog
    Army bumper numbers are just by experience. Sorry, I can't dilvulge where I get the other info.
    Does that "other info" tell you anything about Chanute, AFB Il.? I'm looking for info on what unit my 530B Fire Truck would have been stationed with during the '60's. Unfortunately, I do not have any bumper or hood/door numbers because they were already partially or fully in some cases sanded off when one of the post-service volunteer Fire Departments repainted it.

I'm thinking that it was the 3496 Air Training Command HQ ('50-'5 but I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to be able to figure out the bumper number from that (or at least part of the number...I know the actual vehicle number is gonna really only be able to be found on the vehicle or in a photo if I happen upon one...) I know that it was purchased for '54. It should have a door number of "54L xxxxx" .

It's Manufacturer serial number is 130978

Any info on this would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Neil
    1953 Reo M44 530BA Fire Master (Gasser)
    http://www.letsgettwisted.com/530B
    1946 Willys CJ2A Custom Crawler
    http://www.letsgettwisted.com

Colonel
    Thanks

medlog, would you be able to tell anything about USMC numbers? My bumper and hood shows USMC 1383***.

Data Plate on dash shows: Stock # G2742-8358***, MFR. SER. No. ******. Mfg. 1953 by Reo.

Any info would help... I inquired before and was told, "Good Luck." So, I'm not expecting much, just hopeful.

Thanks,

Thanks

ems4ty,

The info I have shows it did not belong to the Marines. Here's what I found

2320008358464 M35 W/W 122484 4A03355 WQUCB0 1955
    540 CS BN CO B TMT California National Guard out of BELL, CALIFORNIA

Neil2007,
    I don't have anything on it. Probably was let go before the data came on-line.

Colonel
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Medlog. Can you explain what some of that means and how should it show on the truck? My tailgate, front bumper and hood show "USMC 1383429"

If it was from the National Gaurd, did they use different markings? I'm trying to find out if the truck is marked wrong. Also, not really sure what "******** WQUCB0" means.

Is 1955 the date of manufacturer which would indicate that my data plate that is stamped 1953 is wrong?

And finally, what does "540 CS BN CO B TMT" indicate? All of which is a bit foreign to me.

I really appreciate knowing some of the history behind this truck as the guy that I bought it from stated that it was parked at Camp Pendleton in CA and never left the states because it was a gasser...

Thanks again,

Thanks

Not sure what the deal is. First need to verify the truck you have is a M35 with winch (w/w). There should be a national stock number of 2320008358464. Any national stock number should start off 2320-something. 2320 is the federal supply class for trucks and has been for a long, long, long (and did I stress LONG) time.

If your serial number is 122484, that is what the database returned. The database states the registration number for that serial number is 4A03355 built in 1955. Sometimes the data is input wrong. It happens but it is rare.

540 CS BN CO B TMT California National Guard out of BELL, CALIFORNIA is Company B, 540th Main Support Battalion, 40th Armor Brigade. B Company in an MSB is a Maintenance Company.

As with anything, this is a database subject to human error.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast