Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MEP-8xx series fuel pump

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 698 Posts

So FYI on Rock Auto they only ask $5.99 for the cheapest shipping (and a bit of tax for me, being in state).

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ai...fuel+pump,6256

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Light in the Dark For This Useful Post:

69birdman (10-21-2019), DieselAddict (10-21-2019), Guyfang (10-22-2019)

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,168 Times in 698 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ray70 View Post
    If you are replacing the round E1074 with the adapter pipe you will need to buy two 1/4 NPT male x #4 JIC adapters , one 90 degree and one 45 degree. I get these from www.discounthydraulichose.com
    I try to keep a couple pumps and a hand full of fittings on-hand incase a customer ever calls with a failed fuel pump, or one dies on a machine I'm working on.
    If you want to install the G-17 strainer ( its not really a filter ) that is 1/8" NPT so you need to get the right adapters to install it in your desired location ( input to the pump )
    These appear to fit the bill, as stated above (trying to take the work out of it for those who read this later on). Please feel free to confirm these are what you bought Ray:

1/4NPT x 1/4 JIC (90*) - https://www.discounthydraulichose.co...e-pipe-90.html

1/4NPT x 1/4 JIC (45*) - https://www.discounthydraulichose.co...e-pipe-45.html

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Light in the Dark For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (10-22-2019)

2 Star General
    Thanks

Yes, that looks like what they will need. The fittings themselves are cheap compared to the cost of shipping so I bought a handful of different ones, including options to install the 1/8" NPT G-17 strainer, if I ever needed to. But I believe those 2 you linked are the basic of what is needed. Once people get into their machine they will find a couple different available scenarios depending on what pump they are trying to replace. As long as they are mindful of to match the inlet and outlet lines to the correct side of the pump, everything will work out.

One word of caution: when replacing the E1074 ( with the 4" adapter pipe ) I normally remove the adapter pipe and use the 45* fitting on the bottom outlet of the pump and attach the hard stainless steel line that is original to the machine.
    Then use the 90* fitting in the top of the pump and attach the flexible line coming from the tank. Occasionally the line to the tank is a little short or too stiff and will just barely reach, but may put unwanted stress on the lines.

Another way of doing it is to use leave the adapter pipe on and use the 90* and 45* fittings Plus a 1/4" M X F 90* street elbow https://www.discounthydraulichose.co...e-nptf-90.html .
    Put the street NPT 90* and the 90* JIC in the outlet of the pump and install the pump with the outlet up and attach the adapter pipe. Then use the 45* on the bottom and attach your inlet.
    hose

There are several options, it all depends what you have now and what you want to keep or eliminate such as the adapter pipe, strainer etc.
    It's cheap insurance to buy a couple extra fittings so you have options available or so you have fittings available for your next machine, because we can never stop at just 1

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ray70 For This Useful Post:

69birdman (10-22-2019), DieselAddict (10-28-2019), Guyfang (10-22-2019)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4