• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's my M880 worth?

McGuyver

Hi guys,

I've owned my M880 for 18 years, and have put a lot of love and work into it during that time, but I think it's time to move on.. It has 35" tires, a rebuilt 440 big block, 727 HP Loadflite automatic transmission, 4" lifted leaf springs front and back, Functioning black out lights (last time I checked) troop seats and cargo cover with with bows and 95% complete brackets. 850 CFM Edelbrock AVS 4 bbl carburetor, with Edelbrock dual plane intake. Double roller timing chain, 3 bolt Crane Cam. I want it to go to someone who would appreciate its military vehicle heritage and won't just take it out and trash it as a hunting truck. Body has rust, as do the floor boards to the cab. What do you think something like this is worth? I can supply more info as needed. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

McGuyver

Yes, getting rid of the Armstrong steering was one of the first upgrades I made to it.
4000 miles away?! Where are you located? Or are you thinking of round trip mileage?

Edit: nevermind, I see that you are over the pond in England. Yeah, that does present a bit of a bigger challenge. ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

McGuyver

I'll create a new post for that in the classifieds section when I'm ready to list it.

RichM882

Yes, getting rid of the Armstrong steering was one of the first upgrades I made to it.
4000 miles away?! Where are you located? Or are you thinking of round trip mileage?

Edit: nevermind, I see that you are over the pond in England. Yeah, that does present a bit of a bigger challenge. ;)

Yup. The armstrong steering sucks. I am in the process of eliminating on my truck. Over here it is a gruelling process though !!!

McGuyver

The conversion itself is a simple bolt on if using stock parts. Is it hard to source them in the UK?

McGuyver

I just grabbed what I needed off a similar year truck in the wrecking yard, however this was some years ago, and they are a bit more scarce nowadays...