• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Media blasting & M series wiring harnesses

L1A1

Question for the Hive Mind on here: When I finally get around to media blasting my M548A1's aluminum hull, can I leave the wiring harness in place? Will the blasting grit (Black Beauty for example) harm the harness? I know it's not good for bearings & seals but what about the rubber coating on the harness wires?

Matt

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After doing a lot of blasting, I'd definitely remove anything not getting blasted. I would never consider leaving it in.

L1A1

After doing a lot of blasting, I'd definitely remove anything not getting blasted. I would never consider leaving it in.
Thanks. Would you be of the same opinion if I were say having the hull soda blasted & not using an agrigit?

Matt

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Soda I would leave it, black beauty is not what I would use for aluminum, I slipped and completely remove the leather toe of a pair of steel toed boots I was wearing!

L1A1

Soda I would leave it, black beauty is not what I would use for aluminum, I slipped and completely remove the leather toe of a pair of steel toed boots I was wearing![/QUOTE
Thanks for the head's up about aluminum & black beauty. There's so few options around here when it comes to businesses that offer media blasting. There's a place local to me that uses glass beads but won't touch anything Military. I did find a place out in Va beach that does soda blasting & they have a mobile unit. made contact with them & gave the particulars. They're interested in doing the project but it is going to be expensive.

Matt