• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Media blasting & M series wiring harnesses

L1A1

Question for the Hive Mind on here: When I finally get around to media blasting my M548A1's aluminum hull, can I leave the wiring harness in place? Will the blasting grit (Black Beauty for example) harm the harness? I know it's not good for bearings & seals but what about the rubber coating on the harness wires?

Matt

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After doing a lot of blasting, I'd definitely remove anything not getting blasted. I would never consider leaving it in.

L1A1

After doing a lot of blasting, I'd definitely remove anything not getting blasted. I would never consider leaving it in.
Thanks. Would you be of the same opinion if I were say having the hull soda blasted & not using an agrigit?

Matt

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Soda I would leave it, black beauty is not what I would use for aluminum, I slipped and completely remove the leather toe of a pair of steel toed boots I was wearing!

L1A1

Soda I would leave it, black beauty is not what I would use for aluminum, I slipped and completely remove the leather toe of a pair of steel toed boots I was wearing![/QUOTE
Thanks for the head's up about aluminum & black beauty. There's so few options around here when it comes to businesses that offer media blasting. There's a place local to me that uses glass beads but won't touch anything Military. I did find a place out in Va beach that does soda blasting & they have a mobile unit. made contact with them & gave the particulars. They're interested in doing the project but it is going to be expensive.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks