Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Status of the Military Salvage Yard in Rolla, Missouri

Private
    Thanks

Default rolla salvage

Warren is not able sell any items now. he sold all items on his lot to vender up in N.Y. but due to his health family has gotten involved and everything is on hold.

Old Salt

Quote Originally Posted by chief1983 View Post
    I went to school there for 5 years (02-07), only managed to check out that yard once. He did at one point have a DUKW rusting in the front yard, this was 8 years ago though. He had $15,000 charcoaled on the side. He also had some fire trucks and some old Jeeps, I don't remember much else. Anyone happens to stop by and get some recent pics that'd be cool.

Private
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    I just spoke to him about 2 weeks ago, he's 90 now. It seemed like he wanted to sell some stuff but I didn't ask because I wasn't in the market for anything (at the moment). We just shot the s**t for about an hour.
    I moved to the Rolla area about a year ago. I'm still unpacking and getting my place together. I have few acres if anyone needs to temporally store stuff from the Fort lost in the woods, Dean's or as a transportation transfer location. If anyone is bored or wants free fire wood I could use some help cutting trees to clear some land. I would be willing to pick stuff up from the Fort and store them on my property for a reasonable fee until shipping can be set up. I have a flatbed trailer I can move things on that are up to about 7k lbs. Can lift about 1000 lbs off trailer at a time. Also have an M35A3.
    Mark
    Last edited by 99mrpc; 10-21-2014 at 23:16.
    FOR SALE
    1951 M37 W/winch, Can transport in the area $5500 obo

Thanks

So, last time I went through Rolla, it looked like the Duck was gone but the front area was mostly empty. Just drove through over the weekend coming back from Bull Shoals, and wow. So much trucks. I have pics, will be posting soon, but there are what looked like at least a dozen 5 tons and deuces that I didn't recall seeing there before. Maybe he just reorganized, I don't know, but they looked in better shape than the rest of his lot. Would have taken more pics but was with the girlfriend's family and they kinda wanted to get down the road. He was in his trailer next to his house, which I believe is new too, and it has a sign posted now that says 'Office'. Looked like he was watching Texas Rising, but he couldn't hardly understand a thing I said, so I just said "we're gonna look around for a minute, ok?" and he was like, yeah, sure, go ahead.
    1985 M1009 CUCV

Thanks

http://www.cliftongordon.com/rolla_yard.php Ok pics are uploaded. First half is mostly stuff that looks newer in the front, second half is mostly where I wandered back into the woods a bit, mostly stuff that looks like it's been sitting there a while. Curious what those two are that look like giant Gama Goats though, with the triple pane front windows and massive tires. Couldn't get to the data plates in either of them without getting poison ivy probably.
    1985 M1009 CUCV

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,361 Posts

They are Goar's, M520 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M520_Goer . Father back in there and over grown are cut in 1/2 B58 fuel tanks and south of his home place on the east side of the road is the quarry that still may have some stuff in it, last time I was there there were a lot of the boxes that got cut of high speed tractors to make them into wood tigers plus trailer frames and various things that were rotting away.
    HMIC of BEEFCO Industries world wide.

Thanks

One of the Rolla frats should pool together some money and get a green deuce for a St. Pat's parade float.
    1985 M1009 CUCV

Thanks

Also, one of those Goers looks surprisingly complete, considering they were apparently mostly broken up before surplus, and also might be an M877. That or he just has a front and rear section pushed together.
    1985 M1009 CUCV

Thanks

Looks like one is the M553 wrecker! Awesome! Now to win the Lottery.
    "It is a proven fact that you cannot idiot proof anything due to Mother Nature's ability to constantly upgrade the common idiot." WM

Private
    Thanks

Did this guy have any Ferrets or Ferret parts???

Thanks

Didn't see anything like that, I think he's more into utility vehicles than combat vehicles. Troop and cargo transports, etc. Easier to acquire en mass probably.
    1985 M1009 CUCV

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast