• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP system glitch with release codes. Am I the only one?

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not a "power buyer" but when I do buy, I expect reasonable service and professional results. I have had a couple of somewhat minor but none-the-less irritating issues. Phil Hasty took care of both and was the model of professionalism on the phone and in email. I guess my point is let's all use his willingness to help here as a positive and not just beat him into submission.

Phil, keep on keeping on. I like the thought process of ensuring that systemic problems are addressed as such and not single isolated events. That will at sometimes stretch the resolution time but ultimately aid all by system improvements.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Will- I need you to contact me via email I am in and out this week, so not sure when I will be at my desk...The issue with the load bank was a little more significant than that. I actually saw your name attached to it during one of our weekly briefs last week. I instructed the CC Manager to reach out to you on Friday, obviously that did not happen. Also I don't have the item # in front of me, so I want to make sure we are talking about the same one.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the chances that the mods will set up a page strictly for me to answer and address issues publicly? PM is good for addressing personal information, but I believe it would benefit everyone to see/hear some of the answers that are given. This could help both sides to identify reoccurring issues, as well as educate everyone when/if they run into the same issue or question. Just a thought, plus it would be easier on me to follow just one thread and answer questions quicker.
We already have a forum with sub-forums in it for those very reasons.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Government-Liquidation-DRMO-GSA-Govplanet

Two things:

Thanks for waiting to post anything at all until you got a feel for it (the SS site). I'm sure you had your doubts about getting into the fray. :)

and

Thanks for helping

MAdams

Unfortunately I get to go to my local court tomorrow and file a small claims suit against Iron Planet. They have been non responsive and unhelpful and now this is my only option.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Unfortunately I get to go to my local court tomorrow and file a small claims suit against Iron Planet. They have been non responsive and unhelpful and now this is my only option.
What exactly was the issue? You are more than welcome to PM if you want to keep it private.

MAdams

I don't mind sharing here. It will be public record after we go to court.

I bought item #896481 a International 4700 truck, paid, called the scheduler to pick up and the 1st number was disconnected, called the 2nd number and it went straight to VM. I left a message but it was not returned. 2 days later I called both number again, same results. I called GP customer service and the rep took down all my info and said I would be getting a call back soon, never did. I emailed GP customer service and got no where with them. So now I don't have my money and don't have the truck. I finally emailed IP customer service and asked for a refund to which they said no. I feel like I've done everything right and I don't have any choices now. It sounds like the problem is with the scheduler and I cannot risk driving 150 miles to pick up the truck only to find out he's a flake and I have to drive 150 miles back home truckless. Looking at the track record of this transaction, the possibility of this all working out is grim.

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
I don't mind sharing here. It will be public record after we go to court.

I bought item #896481 a International 4700 truck, paid, called the scheduler to pick up and the 1st number was disconnected, called the 2nd number and it went straight to VM. I left a message but it was not returned. 2 days later I called both number again, same results. I called GP customer service and the rep took down all my info and said I would be getting a call back soon, never did. I emailed GP customer service and got no where with them. So now I don't have my money and don't have the truck. I finally emailed IP customer service and asked for a refund to which they said no. I feel like I've done everything right and I don't have any choices now. It sounds like the problem is with the scheduler and I cannot risk driving 150 miles to pick up the truck only to find out he's a flake and I have to drive 150 miles back home truckless. Looking at the track record of this transaction, the possibility of this all working out is grim.
I understand your frustration, unfortunately there is nothing I can do about this issue. And no I am not punting the ball or kicking the can, I literally can do nothing with this item. This truck was sold on TruckPlanet, Not GovPlanet. While we are the same corporation, we are not the same business. It would be like a Kroger Store Manager yelling at an Albertsons Store Manager, both grocery stores are owned by the same Corporation, but there are different chain of command for both. I can reach out to the TruckPlanet crew and see if they are aware of these issues, but there is no guarantee they are going to keep me in the loop as to what they are going to do about it.

MAdams

Apparently there isn't anything anybody can do, ever. That's what got us here. When you log into govplanet, ironplanet, truckplant etc, and go to the terms and conditions, section 16 that discusses "Notices" it says that IP is the company to contact. IP and more specifically Randall Berry is who's going to be named on the suit(that's the court adviser recommendation)

I appreciate you looking into this but the reality is, I won't get my money back until the court orders it

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Apparently there isn't anything anybody can do, ever. That's what got us here. When you log into govplanet, ironplanet, truckplant etc, and go to the terms and conditions, section 16 that discusses "Notices" it says that IP is the company to contact. IP and more specifically Randall Berry is who's going to be named on the suit(that's the court adviser recommendation)

I appreciate you looking into this but the reality is, I won't get my money back until the court orders it
Looking at the notes and talking to the TruckPlanet people, it looks like a he said/she said situation. I do not have any first hand information, but from what I am being told is that the seller states he has attempted to contact the buyer at least twice and that seller states they have not received any phone calls from the buyer (once again not taking sides or calling anyone out, just relaying what I have been told). On 6/13, notes indicate that the buyer was notified that the item was ready for pickup and given the seller's contact information and email address, the buyer became irate and refused to accept the information and demanded a full refund plus a personal default fee from the seller for not being able to pick up the item at the buyer's convenience.

Once again and to affirm, I am not taking sides only letting you know what is on file, which will be used if the case makes it to court. I hope everything works out for all parties involved, but for my little slice of the pie, this was NOT a GovPlanet transaction. I will do what I can to effect change, but at the same time I have to stay in my lane and can only work on GovPlanet specific issues. Good luck, and I sincerely mean that, absolutely no sarcasm intended.

UPDATE: Just to add, the notes in your account also show what you have stated here as to what issues you were running in to. I didn't want you to think the above remarks and notes were the only ones notated.

Last edited:

MAdams

I appreciate the info and the sincerity. I wish what was in the notes was accurate and true. Fortunately for me, I record all my calls and have emails that will prove a different story than the notes.

It seems like dealing with any subsidiary of IP is all good until an issue comes up, then the wheels fall off.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove from Ft Riley to St Louis last night. Picked up the M200A1 at 0700 this morning. Pickup went off without a problem.

I'm now about 100mi from the KS border. Hubs are cool. Life is good. If only I can stay awake another 300 miles.... zzzzzzzzz. Maybe if I only sleep with one eye at a time...

20170706_065723.jpg

20170706_101002.jpg20170706_101039.jpg

Last edited:

PHasty

GovPlanet Rep
Glad to see it worked out...Should have never been an issue to begin with. I have been beating up the Tech Support people to figure out what the "bug" was, but they haven't gotten back to me on it. If ANYONE runs into a similar situation and the Customer Care crew try to tell you that it can't be picked up, ask to speak with me so that I can square it away. I have already informed the CC managers of the potential issues, so they have been briefed and educated, but you never know when someone will have a brain dump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks