Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate well nut repair

Thanks

Finally got a chance to start on this well nut fix but I can't seem to find out where it is, do I have to remove the whole tank? I do see a well nut fitting on top of the tank but that shouldn't leak. After looking at some pictures on some post here I found a similar place on my 803 but there is no well nut (see pic). The hose that is connected to the fuel pump
    comes from the top of the tank, I don't know where the fuel drain is connected.

IMG_0374.JPGIMG_0382.JPG
    2007 Mep 803a Camo

General
    Thanks

Your first pic shows where the fuel tank drain is located on my MEP-802A - inside the engine compartment. That's where I pulled mine from. On an 803A the drain is located outside of the unit as shown in attached picture. Boatman69's first post was regarding his MEP-802A. I think this 'fix' will work on the 803 as well, but we've been discussing 802 TMs, pics, .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Zed254; 10-24-2017 at 17:21.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    Finally got a chance to start on this well nut fix but I can't seem to find out where it is, do I have to remove the whole tank? I do see a well nut fitting on top of the tank but that shouldn't leak. After looking at some pictures on some post here I found a similar place on my 803 but there is no well nut (see pic). The hose that is connected to the fuel pump

IMG_0374.JPGIMG_0382.JPG
    Picture #2 is NOT the well nut....

Thanks

DSCF2209.jpgDSCF2213.jpgDSCF2223.jpg
    On the right in the pictures...This is the one that is on top of the fuel tank where the fuel return line enters the tank...
    The fuel drain well nut is on the right side of the unit. (oil filter side). I haven't measured the hole in the skid but you may have to hole saw the opening larger for the bulkhead hardware to fit.
    Last edited by robson1015; 10-24-2017 at 17:49.

Thanks

Ok now its making sense, thanks for the help! I think it would be pretty hard for the 803 well nut to leak being on top of the tank, is it worth messing with it?
    2007 Mep 803a Camo

Thanks

The fuel drain well nut will definitely leak when it dry rots, I would change them both at the same time. There are two, one on the top for return line and one on the side(fuel drain).

Thanks

So for my 803 I need to pull the tank off?
    2007 Mep 803a Camo

Gunner's Mate First Class CUCVFAN's Avatar
    Thanks

So for my 803 I need to pull the tank off?
    Not if you have a helper with long skinny arms...
    Some green stuff... some camo stuff... some tan stuff...

Thanks

You don't have to remove the tank. You could run a piece of wire up through the fuel drain hole to the filler neck and slip the bulkhead fitting onto the wire and it will slide down the wire to the drain hole. Easier said than done but doable for sure.
    I believe you can reach the return line fitting(top of fuel tank) by reaching into the fuel tank....
    Last edited by robson1015; 10-24-2017 at 22:19.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,631 Times in 2,265 Posts

Plaezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The very first one I replaced was a top one, because when you fill the tank up, it can and will leak from the top well nut. Remember, fuel WILL expand or contract, according to the air temperature. AND if you drive around with it on a trailer, you WILL be surprised at the amount of fuel that can be sloshed around and out of this stupid thing.

IMG_0374.JPGIMG_0382.JPG
    y

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast