Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: M135 M211 2 speed transfer case mod

Thanks

Thanks Topo thats what i figured the situation was from looking at the TM's..gentrysgarage..yeah i understand..my CMP Ford is built to the same plan..the Bic lighter theory...
    So where does that leave us in the discussion?
    1. We have the question of what is the rato difference between input shaft drive gear/idler shaft driven gear Vs. Input shaft sliding gear/ pto drive gear.
    2. There is the question of if we can modify the sliding gear so that it doesnt drive the pto gear when its engaging the input shaft drive gear.
    3. Can we come up with a better way to permanently eliminate the pto drve gear bearing than a shrink fit.

Thanks

Default Diagrams and parts views

Ok..i finally managed to figure out how to screenshot what we needed to illistrate this discussion. Here are the powerflow and part diagrams with some explanation from
    TM 9-1819AC part 2 available courtesy of our excellent partners and hard working people at Steel Soldiers.

Happy reading
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DUUANE For This Useful Post:

m1010plowboy (10-17-2017), metal magnet 1963 (03-23-2018)

Thanks

Hello
    I have been away for a week or so. Also please understand that I am not computer literate & have a new computer & don't understand how to find what pictures I have yet. But my old 211's are still out in my bone yard. It seems that I've stirred up a rhubarb. It seems too, in my early statements, my caveat was that there were some bugs. I did the T-case work, about '75 or '76. Seems too, there was no neutral between Hi & Low range when I was done. In Plowboy's post #6, picture 2, assembly W, #4 bearing is the one that I replaced with a shrink fit spacer. Don't get it stuck in two gears.

The CCKW T-case is a bolt in fit. The only one I knew about, I blew the case on, trying to recover a wreck, over the side of the highway. I tied onto it with the winch, and backed over the other side of the highway hanging on the winch line..... The case broke, not the gears (as said appropriately).

I spent as much time staring inside the T-case as Duuane has, looking at the the pictures, & he has done a remarkable job with his insights. The best bet, is to keep the trucks stock with the automatic! I'll try to find the few old picture that I have, of the Old Days here, & post them up. Plowboy already suggested that, numerous years ago.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rosco For This Useful Post:

DUUANE (10-15-2017), m1010plowboy (10-17-2017)

Thanks

Thanks Rosco that would be a great help. I can see a way in my mind to create a safety so that it was dimensionally impossible to have the two engaged at the same time but until my spare tcase comes its all up in the air..in my head haha..
    I just got intel on a 3 ton underlift on the cheap so i might have a small delay..

Thanks

Update..my source here does not have a 135/211 tcase for me..on the upside he did have a bridge truck tcase that i needed for another project so..Yaaaay!
    This thread will have to wait till i can lay hands on a spare unfortunately. I dont want to go messing up the one i have that works. The search is on...

Corporal
    Thanks

Duuane, good luck in your quest. I remain curious and open to the cheapest/easiest way to achieve a lower range.

Thanks

Ok so i guess the next step in this thread is asking if there is anyone in western Canada or the pacific north west that has a spare transfer case they'd be willing to sell me so we can move the dissection to the bench?
    My wife is pretty near as awesome as they come..but itll be divorce court if another truck follows me home so i can have a transfer case to play with..

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,514 Posts

We should check with the Western Command boys and see if there is one closer to you first. Gizmo just bought SuperDave's supply so I can check if one is sitting on the ground Sunday. I have 3 donor trucks but don't see a window for me to remove one unless freeze up stays away until December. Stan L. on North Van is another vault of info so I'll poke a few guys on the coast before we meet in Kelowna for a transfer case...of a transfer case.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

DUUANE (10-27-2017)

Thanks

Excellent..thank you. I appreciate you asking around.

Cheers!

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,514 Posts

Default TC upgrade mod

I only have 2 in parts trucks and still think the Goat team has one apart on the ground so one way or another we'll get you set up. The e brake horns are broke on one of these but I know I saw several nos parts in Gizmo's new parts grab. If we don't find one out west you will be my cover for a west coast road trip.

P6100012.jpgKIMG0127.jpgKIMG0125.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m1010plowboy For This Useful Post:

DUUANE (10-28-2017), metal magnet 1963 (03-23-2018)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast