• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn button

Bravotroop

Hi, my horn works perfectly. I short the wire that comes up through the steering column to ground (first pic) and the horn blasts (or I simply hear the relay activate, if I don't yet have air pressure). I found a rubber cover and metal shroud in a kit (second pic) that I can't get to work. Am I missing parts, or for a different wheel? I doubt wheel (picture 3) is original to truck. Thanks!IMG_0176.jpgIMG_0177.jpgIMG_0178.jpg

dmetalmiki

That brass cup is supposed to 'short' the top connector to earth. (On that steering wheel nut). The spring holds the top 'connector', AND the brass cup OFF the nut.
Try cleaning it (the nut) thoroughly to make a good contact..

pjwest03

Concur. I had to sand that nut down with emery cloth to get the button working, I also coated it with dielectric grease to try to slow down the return of the rust.

Bravotroop

Thanks. I cleaned everything and verified that the horn works when the center wire shorts to the wheel nut, before I made the post. But the cup (aluminum colored in picture 2) does not contact the wire when centered. The center hole is too big. Maybe this kit is for another application, or I am missing a part. I have never seen the complete set-up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks