Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Special M35 steering gear project

  1. #21
    Colonel winfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    port allen la
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 257 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    subscribed

  2. #22
    Sergeant emeralcove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Battle Ground/WA
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Spend a few minutes on the Deuce and the rest of the weekend trimming trees and burning brush for the last burn day until fall.
    Very glad you are feeling better, getting old isn't for sissies!

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Woodinville, Washington
    Posts
    8,137
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,303 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emeralcove View Post
    Spend a few minutes on the Deuce and the rest of the weekend trimming trees and burning brush for the last burn day until fall.
    Very glad you are feeling better, getting old isn't for sissies!
    You got that right !
    I went to my brothers grandson's wedding this last Friday. I'm still feeling sore from the drive down to Vancouver Wa. That was in my new truck too ! Can't imagine how it will be driving my Deuce up to Alaska ! Might have to take it in several stages.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to rustystud For This Useful Post:

    emeralcove (06-17-2019)

  5. #24
    Sergeant emeralcove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Battle Ground/WA
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    282
    Thanked 100 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Rustystud, I was going to drive my Deuce up from southern California but ended up having it shipped for several reasons, push come to shove I suppose you could ship to Alaska and meet it there for the expedition part. I know last week when it got real hot I was so grateful I wasn't driving in that heat, sure it wasn't the adventure I imagined, but it also wasn't nightmare I feared because I wasn't able to prep it for a long drive after sitting for the last 8 years in the So Cal desert climate, sure not really any rust anywhere but the UV is brutal on rubber tires and hoses not to mention canvas tops, seats and cargo covers. What I forgot was how really well it runs, transmission and transfer case shift so smooth and the clutch takes far less effort than I remembered it did (I think I mixed it up with a Top Kick I had with a manual trans and a Cat 3116). The stitching on the front of the soft top has succumb to the blazing sun and let go all the way across so it is now a giant air scoop. I do have a hard top for it so that will go on at the same time I remove the air operated wipers and install the electric ones I have and the in cab heater I picked up a couple years ago. All and all I was very happy when it arrived with bed filled with goodies my son packed in for me.

  6. #25
    Sergeant Major Slate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ozona Texas
    MVPA
    MVPA?
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 164 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    Yes, but I'm not posting them here right now. Might post on YouTube. We'll see.
    Let us know whether you post it here or on YouTube. Are you going to show how to do it or try to manufacture parts as a kit? I was looking at Waterloo but am intrigued at the notion of leaving things mostly intact.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  7. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Woodinville, Washington
    Posts
    8,137
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,303 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    Let us know whether you post it here or on YouTube. Are you going to show how to do it or try to manufacture parts as a kit? I was looking at Waterloo but am intrigued at the notion of leaving things mostly intact.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    At this time I will not be adding my hard-earned knowledge of this steering gear to this site. I cannot make any money from the sell of the system, by either making them and selling them. Or selling the idea itself. Part of my retirement settlement. So when I do make it public it will only benefit the site I post it to. Steel soldiers is a good site for the most part, but their moderators with their "good old boy" club attitude here is pretty disgusting to me right now. I don't need to add to their coffers by posting a really great steering system so everyone who has a deuce will come to this site (adding money to the sites owners) to find out how I did it.
    Maybe latter on I will change my mind, but at this time. No.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to rustystud For This Useful Post:

    emeralcove (06-18-2019)

  9. #27
    Sergeant Major Slate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Ozona Texas
    MVPA
    MVPA?
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 164 Times in 101 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    At this time I will not be adding my hard-earned knowledge of this steering gear to this site. I cannot make any money from the sell of the system, by either making them and selling them. Or selling the idea itself. Part of my retirement settlement. So when I do make it public it will only benefit the site I post it to. Steel soldiers is a good site for the most part, but their moderators with their "good old boy" club attitude here is pretty disgusting to me right now. I don't need to add to their coffers by posting a really great steering system so everyone who has a deuce will come to this site (adding money to the sites owners) to find out how I did it.
    Maybe latter on I will change my mind, but at this time. No.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable guy and I hope I am able to find wherever you post your hard earned skills down the road. Thanks for helping in some of my posts by the way. Hope you have a great day Sir.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

  10. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Woodinville, Washington
    Posts
    8,137
    Thanks
    2,290
    Thanked 6,741 Times in 3,303 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you are a very knowledgeable guy and I hope I am able to find wherever you post your hard earned skills down the road. Thanks for helping in some of my posts by the way. Hope you have a great day Sir.

    Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    I'll let the Steel Soldier community know where I post it.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rustystud For This Useful Post:

    emeralcove (06-19-2019), Slate (06-19-2019)

  12. #29
    Administrator patracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buchanan, GA
    MVPA
    37424E
    Posts
    13,281
    Thanks
    1,222
    Thanked 12,032 Times in 3,277 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rustystud View Post
    At this time I will not be adding my hard-earned knowledge of this steering gear to this site. I cannot make any money from the sell of the system, by either making them and selling them. Or selling the idea itself. Part of my retirement settlement. So when I do make it public it will only benefit the site I post it to. Steel soldiers is a good site for the most part, but their moderators with their "good old boy" club attitude here is pretty disgusting to me right now. I don't need to add to their coffers by posting a really great steering system so everyone who has a deuce will come to this site (adding money to the sites owners) to find out how I did it.
    Maybe latter on I will change my mind, but at this time. No.
    There's only one owner of SS if you're implying anything. I'm just here to keep the ship going. You do realize that the moderating staff make $0 at this? And a huge expenditure of the funds collected from the site is for hosting the site itself? (Due to the sheer size of our database, files, exc.)
    M114
    1992 M1038
    1969 M35A2 wo/w, hoist in bed, heater, Ooga horn, Recentered HEMTTs and 395's, "Candy Smasher"
    1968 M543A2 Wrecker - You know, for heavy lifting...
    1984 M931 - SEMTT project
    198? M270 trailer TBD...
    1985 M1008 - SMOKEY 8" lift, 37" humvee 24 bolt wheels/tires, turbocharged.
    And a few M105 and M101 and other trailers

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to patracy For This Useful Post:

    Floridianson (06-25-2019), gringeltaube (06-24-2019), Menaces Nemesis (06-24-2019), silverstate55 (06-25-2019), Stan (06-25-2019)

  14. #30
    4 Star General frank8003's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    3,595
    Thanks
    2,508
    Thanked 5,512 Times in 1,884 Posts

    Default

    Now this be interesting!
    I was here, had a good time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •