• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1093 - Missing Dash gauges and fuse panel is gone

sorensonsc

I'm looking to purchase a M1093. But the dash has been disconnected, seems to still be in cab. Fuse panel is also missing, but looks like all the fuses and relays are still sitting on the floorboard. Anyone know how hard it would be to replace them? What would be a good price for this unknown? Was told drive train is still intact....Rebuilt the control panel on a MEP-003A. Wasn't all that hard so I know a little bit, plus been working on cars and trucks for years.

Attachments

spankybear

A good place to start is to down load the Technical manuals.

as for the price... that depends on what you want to pay. It's an auction right?The trucks is worth the sum of the parts.

Last edited:

NV555

I have all the replacement cab parts if you buy it.

Looks like a project. I wouldn’t go more than 4 or 5k at best. It came from the 82nd and very early model looks like it had a lot of hard years.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better fly down and preview that one. The airdrop trucks all have cracked frames, cracked transmissions, and cracked engine blocks. That is why nobody wanted it to transfer to a fire dept etc.

coachgeo

would suspect there are many problems in the truck not related to the "good stuff" removed to fix other trucks. There had to be a reason military decided this truck was worth more as a rolling parts counter to fix other trucks than it was as a truck to haul soldiers.

pontiac62

Thought in the rules not talking about current auctions. I’m no moderator maybe the wording doesn’t qualify it as talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

pontiac62

nothing has been said by OP that this is an auction item??:shrugs: and pics do not show the typical govt planet watermark
Ok I can go with that. So as long as you don’t say it’s s currently up for auction all is good. Personally don’t matter with me. Just need clarity an this site is stickler for rules.

Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

NV555

I agree might be a barn find outside of Fort Bragg. I haven’t seen an air drop on the contracted DLA auction site in awhile.

**** might have missed the DZ and landed in the barn :)

pontiac62

Op I’d study the picture of that truck determine what parts you’ll need to replace. Contact the ones that are venders on here an get a price quote on parts with shipping.

Unless you have you own recovery equipment or have a friend that can haul it. You’ll have to pay to have it shipped. Your definitely not driving that one home.

Kool factor with this besides being a M1093 it’s a M1093 with winch truck.

I see $$$ to get back on the road but it’s been done here before with one in worse shape than this.

Wish you the best of luck. I’ll keep an eye for a write up if you’re the lucky one.

Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well now that the auction is over, we can talk about the truck per site rules. Did you win it?

Milspec2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there. Funny thing, i pop onto the site and see pics of my new truck. LOL. I bought it from good old GSA, which is why there are no GovPlanet stickers. It's down in Ft. Worth at the Texas State Dept for Surplus Property. So far $2600 at auction, worst case transport so far $3750, so $5350 delivered to my door in Colorado Springs. I bought an M1078 from Arkansas State a few weeks back, had it hauled to a shop, they went through it, said it ran great, needed Cab air bag/springs replaced. They said $360 apiece for the air bags. So far I'm happy with the bigger toys I'm buying. I might be looking for parts, though I kind of bought the M1093 for parts. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks