• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1093 - Missing Dash gauges and fuse panel is gone

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there. Funny thing, i pop onto the site and see pics of my new truck. LOL. I bought it from good old GSA, which is why there are no GovPlanet stickers. It's down in Ft. Worth at the Texas State Dept for Surplus Property. So far $2600 at auction, worst case transport so far $3750, so $5350 delivered to my door in Colorado Springs. I bought an M1078 from Arkansas State a few weeks back, had it hauled to a shop, they went through it, said it ran great, needed Cab air bag/springs replaced. They said $360 apiece for the air bags. So far I'm happy with the bigger toys I'm buying. I might be looking for parts, though I kind of bought the M1093 for parts. LOL

Congratulations. Not everyday does a truck come along with the provenance of thatone.82nd Airborne, 3-319 Airborne FieldArtillery.That truck, along with theM777 howitzer, would get airdropped anywhere something needed to bedestroyed.The 3-319 is still verymuch activated at Bragg.They have1093A1s now, so this one got sent to pasture after a rough life!Hope you fix it though!!

Milspec2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was putting the CCUVs back together in the mid 2000s, disappeared into the middle east for a lifetime, came back 18 months ago & "retired". Started buying HMMWVs last Dec, now I have 4 HMMWVs, (2 running & driving), 4 M1009s,
(2 running & driving),
1 M1031 Contact Truck,
(running & driving), 1 LMTV
(running & driving)
and 1 MTV. Needless to say, I am busier now. On the subject of LMTV & MTV, I noted that they both have the same engine, but the MTV puts out 60 more horsepower. Since the only difference seems to be the fuel governor? Doesn't make any other sense unless it's a whole different Injector Pump. Anybody know?

Milspec2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks NDT, I was embedded with the 82nd at both Jalalabad & Ghazni in Afghanistan,& spent some time with them on the Saudi peninsula. You kind of jogged my memory

coachgeo

... On the subject of LMTV & MTV, I noted that they both have the same engine, but the MTV puts out 60 more horsepower. Since the only difference seems to be the fuel governor? Doesn't make any other sense unless it's a whole different Injector Pump. Anybody know?
as one might guess this has come up in several discussions already so your answer is already in here... now the hard part is finding it with a search cause MTV is to short to search by. Let me see what I can find and pop some links in for you

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Milspec2;2148287I said:
bought an M1078 from Arkansas State a few weeks back, had it hauled to a shop, they went through it, said it ran great, needed Cab air bag/springs replaced. They said $360 apiece for the air bags.
This one? The reason I know is I wanted it and won the other one anyway. rofl

download.png

scottmandu

and 1 MTV. Needless to say, I am busier now. On the subject of LMTV & MTV, I noted that they both have the same engine, but the MTV puts out 60 more horsepower. Since the only difference seems to be the fuel governor? Doesn't make any other sense unless it's a whole different Injector Pump. Anybody know?
Turbo's are different on the 6X6

Milspec2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Fuzzy, yes that is my other LMTV, still has the shipping sticker from Iraq to Kuwait and the names of the troops using it last in the window. Had it taken to Temple Truck & Trailer in Little Rock. They went through it, said everything works great except leaking cab bags and left rear brake pads. Great people. The larger or twin turbo was an idea in the back of my head. Most of my larger diesel experience is maintaining our site generators and heavy equipment My primary background is Fine instrumentation, TMDE, Comms, Nav, sensor systems. CCUVs are a lot simpler. The MTV that started this thread should be picked up today

Milspec2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I saw it yesterday when I recovered the sweet M1009 in the same auction. I have power distribution panel and complete instrument cluster already, but I will be looking for the control valve assy for the hydraulics, I saw a couple of complete assy's on eBay, anybody watching this have one for sale?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks