• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. bigmike
bigmike.jpg

2. Migginsbros
Migginsbros.jpg

3. lostinWY
lostinWY.jpg

4. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

5. marchplumber
marchplumber.jpg

6. Floridianson
Floridianson.jpg

7. 71DeuceAK
71deuceAK.jpg

8. BenRoberts
BenRoberts.jpg

9. 155mm
155mm.jpg

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those who care to know the back story on how AMi came to be in our stables.

She was never intended to be, we had a more than capable 5T that would pull a tanker just fine. We were returning from a car show and someone else was not paying attention, 5T died a glorious death to protect its passengers (she even drove us home) Here is the thread

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?171539-Lexus-vs-M931-bobtailed-got-rear-ended

So insurance ponied up, watched all the auctions and happened across a 916, very little info, few pictures, but looked fair. We bid and got it. All she needed was a set of batteries an all the wires connected correctly on the batteries. Fired right up in 20*F after not being ran for unknown time. So a fresh 2006 RRAD with 368 miles in route to Oklahoma.

IMG_1915.jpg

When she got home she got sized up to a W900 Kenworth, yep she looks down on everyone she meets.

IMG_1944.jpg

Her and her new best friend a M970 got married up, all fueled and filled and ready to go.

IMG_2073.jpg

Work lights got installed

IMG_2182.jpg

First fire to pump water for.

IMG_2214.jpg

2nd fire

IMG_2236.jpg

Now hopefully Ami will only be used for fun to fill the pool and water the dirt road in front of the house but she will always be on duty for the next fire.

IMG_2352.jpg

IMG_2151.jpg

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Good day,
this month we participate with our 1942 Harley Davidson Flathead.
This is the 45 cui sidevalve engine with the old Linkert carburetor.
The former owner apply some civilian parts althought it has the 42WLA.... engine no.

For the old school nomination pics we roll out this bike, sitting for years in our workshop.

IMG_7267.jpg IMG_7255.jpg IMG_7272.jpg IMG_7268.jpg

But we motivate us the last week to get it ready for a ride.

New fuel, new oil, a small batterie, fixed small leaks and it fire right up.

https://youtu.be/fStwUQjxQuA

Migginsbros

The pre former owner has a surface coating company. So all the sheet metal the frame, the springer fork an most parts are powder coated.

In Summer 2014 we made a trip outside the town together with a friend´s 1937 Harley Davidson Knucklehead.
i think...since this Summer the 1942 Flathead was sitting in the shelf.
Knuckle 011.jpg

But last week all friends take pleasure to fix the old two wheelers and get them out of the barn.:jumpin::jumpin:

And so at brothers birthday we had 2wheel fun.

IMG_7420.jpg IMG_7419.jpg IMG_7421.jpg IMG_7386.jpg
IMG_7387.jpg IMG_7402.jpg IMG_7391.jpg IMG_7389.jpg

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just a crane and it picks things up and puts them down where you want it too. Military only ordered 179 of them. Not very good in ruff terrain as it does not have lockers and once the weight goes to one side your done. Does have both axle drive and rear steer plus a horn that goes beep beep.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's just a crane and it picks things up and puts them down where you want it too. Military only ordered 179 of them. Not very good in ruff terrain as it does not have lockers and once the weight goes to one side your done. Does have both axle drive and rear steer plus a horn that goes beep beep.
Now THAT is one outstanding campaign promise!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=761MwtYpK3Q

Migginsbros

We know, most of us like the very original MV´s but sometimes modifications done for different reasons like safety
or maintenance.

This bike is converted from 6V to 12V electric, has a small front disc brake instead of the thin drum and get some turn signals.

IMG_7264.jpg IMG_7265.jpg IMG_7275.jpg

Bill W

Being I'm stuck in motorcycle mode as I just got back from a bike rally in western N.C. to which I went to the "Wheels through time" motorcycle museum which seems to have every model of American motorcycles ever made so Big Mike gets my vote.

Migginsbros

And yes,......this is the old battle between the Indian an the Harley Davidson 2wheeler.:D:D
Indian since 1901, Harley since 1903 .

88.000-90.000 off are build from the 45 cui Harley Davidson Flathead. The mostly produced HD Model.

IMG_7262.jpg IMG_7263.jpg IMG_7259.jpg IMG_7260.jpg IMG_7261.jpg

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my thread on the Indian 741
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ian-741-joins-the-family&highlight=indian+741

I'll post a video and more pics this weekend.

Quick story:
1941 Indian 741B
Serial #3218 First 3500 shipped to NZ. This bike was brought back from NZ by the previous owner.
Engine and Frame S/N matching.
Civilianized when I obtained it.
Restored to her present condition. Left the motor untouched. She's tired but runs like a sewing machine!

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple more that I snuck in at the airshow after everyone else left.

IMG_2697a.jpg

IMG_2699 (7)a.jpg

Migginsbros

Do you have any idea how many of these bike survive today?? In museums or private hands??

Don´t know exactly but close to us we know about 5 bikes and 2 servi cars (with the 45" engine) on the road. Due to the reason that thousands left in europe after WW II and the value of a historic Harley Davidson bike
which is worth to restore we think that they must be a herd of many thousands survived.

Migginsbros

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don´t know exactly but close to us we know about 5 bikes and 2 servi cars (with the 45" engine) on the road. Due to the reason that thousands left in europe after WW II and the value of a historic Harley Davidson bike
which is worth to restore we think that they must be a herd of many thousands survived.

Migginsbros
A bit of history on them ;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harley-Davidson_WLA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks