• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official NC Denton Rally 24-28 apr 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfreeman

I have a suggestion for next year's rally. While I was talking to a few veterans, the howitzer fired. Needless to say, the veterans all took a minute to gather themselves before they continued the conversation. It usually shocked the **** out of me every time too. Would it be possible to have the gun crew sound a warning siren over the PA system for a second before firing the howitzer?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

BELinNC

I agree, was walking near by the blank fire area when they fired the howitzer. It shocked me and no one had the option of covering their ears. Lot of people complained. I am all for the blank fire of MGs and cannon and fire my 37mm cannon live at mg shoots etc., but always with a loud "fire in the hole" warning first. They should think about this for next year.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, the first one... I don't think I was ok for a few minutes. I swear I could start to feel the pressure wave before the sound hit (by all of 0.5 seconds) as the weekend went on. But yeah, there needs to be a warning for that.

Lance, I paid $50 for setting up and selling from my campsite but had no water/power. I think that they did overcharge you. Sorry. They (the ladies in the booth) seemed to have a very loose understanding and fee structure. I think Jim's guy (for as odd as he was) did better.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
deuce parts

Not sure were to place this on the forum, I'm reaching out to anyone that went to the Denton NC rally. I am trying to get back in touch with the gentleman that was running the shooting both and that was selling items from a table/trailer for m35s, I was told he was somewhat in part in running this event.
Unfortunately I did not get any contact info from him and am interested in getting a contact number or if he can contact me. so if anyone on this form can help it will be most appreciated
Thanks Wayne

LanceRobson

How 'bout now? Are we there yet??

If there's anything I can do to help with planning or during the event please let me know. Nancy and I are on a canoeing aand camping trip until Wed. the 22nd. I'll be there either later that day or Thursday AM.

Best regards to all and we wish all a blessed and bright new year.

Lance

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is Jim Henrys business open during that weekend? I have never gotten down there to check it out yet, and I wondered if I could go by on that Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks