• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interior Rearview Mirror?

Ajax MD

Quick question-

Was there ever an interior rear view mirror on windshield center post of pre-M939 5 tons and maybe deuces?
There are two screw holes on the center post right where a mirror would be mounted but I can't find a part number or any mention in the TM's.

For some reason, I have a vague recollection of a crappy, thin, small, mirror in our older M35's from my reserve days. Am I hallucinating?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one in my deuce, I got a pile of them at a scrap yard and they matched the holes in the window frame like it was made for it. Let me see if I can find a pic.

My bad, as time passes, you forget things! Here is the mirror(s) I had.....

https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?t=99832

I bent up a bracket for the mirror to mount to that fit the holes in the frame. Sorry. After I saw the mirror, my memory came back!

Last edited:

Ajax MD

That's it! Ok, I'm not crazy. Will, do you have any of them left?
I can drive without it, but it would be nice to have one.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, all the parts and extras went with the truck when I sold it. I just got rid of my last stencil machine.

Ajax MD

Gadzooks, that is one clean interior.
I ran the part # through Google. No one seems to have any remaining stock. Ah well.