• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 939 factory length

Inline6359

So I searched through 370 threads and several hundred pages to no avail. After having my bobbed deuce and my m1078 I want a bobbed 5 ton. The closest thing I have seen to what I’m looking at is a 5 ton with m35 bed. But I’m thinking about a 5 ton with factory bed and chassis length. Has anybody done this? Or seen it? Any pictures?

tobyS

That would be a very long vehicle and to me, the proportions would not look right, although removing an axle has to make it more maneuverable and get a bit better fuel economy.

I'm doing similar to my M35A3 deuce...not shortening the frame and making it into 4x4. I positioned the M105 bed from the back of the frame, leaving a space between cab and bed for tire and a rear A frame winch. Bed is shorter though.

Technically not cutting the frame, it is not "bobbed". If I had a choice, I would start with the short version M931 or M818. With the long frame, the single axle has strange proportions. With 16.00 tires, it may not be so noticeable.

Myself, I wouldn't do it without using a shortened bed and a short frame version of the 5 ton. My dream is an 818 (4x4) with 8.3 turbo, Spicer 5 speed, T1138 transfer case, 16.00's, s-cam brakes, rear air locker and .........

Inline6359

I guess I should have clarified a little bit. I want a real bobbed 5 ton, however my time constraints may not allow that, so I was wondering what a factory length 925 with a rear axle removed looked. I kind of like them with the deuce bed, but I want to retain the drop sides. I want to see if that extra 2 feet really blow the proportions out compared to the deuce bed. Believe it or not the fiancé wants this for the wedding in 6 weeks. So I’m trying to find something that will make me happy that I can achieve in 6 weeks for her. I may just have to bite the bullet and do what I want and spend a few late nights on it. I still am curious if anybody has done what I am asking though.

tobyS

If you use Google and put in M923 (or 925) 4x4 and go to images, you will see quite a few that are full length. Seems lots of the guys make quad cabs but there are a few pics of shorter beds too. Good luck with the 6 week thing....I couldn't do it.

Inline6359

Treed, I was just looking for it under your threads. I actually kinda like the length. Now that’s a full length m923 bed?