• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed 939 factory length

Inline6359

So I searched through 370 threads and several hundred pages to no avail. After having my bobbed deuce and my m1078 I want a bobbed 5 ton. The closest thing I have seen to what I’m looking at is a 5 ton with m35 bed. But I’m thinking about a 5 ton with factory bed and chassis length. Has anybody done this? Or seen it? Any pictures?

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be a very long vehicle and to me, the proportions would not look right, although removing an axle has to make it more maneuverable and get a bit better fuel economy.

I'm doing similar to my M35A3 deuce...not shortening the frame and making it into 4x4. I positioned the M105 bed from the back of the frame, leaving a space between cab and bed for tire and a rear A frame winch. Bed is shorter though.

Technically not cutting the frame, it is not "bobbed". If I had a choice, I would start with the short version M931 or M818. With the long frame, the single axle has strange proportions. With 16.00 tires, it may not be so noticeable.

Myself, I wouldn't do it without using a shortened bed and a short frame version of the 5 ton. My dream is an 818 (4x4) with 8.3 turbo, Spicer 5 speed, T1138 transfer case, 16.00's, s-cam brakes, rear air locker and .........

Inline6359

I guess I should have clarified a little bit. I want a real bobbed 5 ton, however my time constraints may not allow that, so I was wondering what a factory length 925 with a rear axle removed looked. I kind of like them with the deuce bed, but I want to retain the drop sides. I want to see if that extra 2 feet really blow the proportions out compared to the deuce bed. Believe it or not the fiancé wants this for the wedding in 6 weeks. So I’m trying to find something that will make me happy that I can achieve in 6 weeks for her. I may just have to bite the bullet and do what I want and spend a few late nights on it. I still am curious if anybody has done what I am asking though.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you use Google and put in M923 (or 925) 4x4 and go to images, you will see quite a few that are full length. Seems lots of the guys make quad cabs but there are a few pics of shorter beds too. Good luck with the 6 week thing....I couldn't do it.

Inline6359

Treed, I was just looking for it under your threads. I actually kinda like the length. Now that’s a full length m923 bed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks