• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Camper "Junkyard Empire"

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Late last night I had one eye still half open when an episode of "Junkyard Empire" aired. They took what looked like a pristine M35A3 with about 5k miles on it and converted it into a "bobbed" single axle camper. Ostensibly "for a client". Well, it is a reality show.
So, now, knowing that they are Damascus Motors....one can locate pictures of the vehicle relatively easy. I leave it at that. Don't want the wrath of the moderators.

I guess the result is not half bad. I personally did not like how they handled the vehicle;torching off all the bed mounting bolts (that looked fine), and then chaining the bed (what looks like a pristine, LED-light equipped bed with fiberglass troop seats) to a dozer and ripping it off the frame by driving the truck forward, is just unneccessary.

camper.jpg
Picture not mine; all rights belong to the owner.

Placing a camper wrong-way-round onto the truck frame is an interesting way to go about it, I thought. I post this because it is somewhat original and ingenious and deserves a mention.

Guyfang

Staff member
There are a few things I don't miss about living in the States. TV is one of them. But, sadly, the Germans are starting to watch this something of thing. Good thing I don't watch the boob tube here.