• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up questions

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Just took mine apart and cleaned it yesterday. Problem solved, no more leak. To all of you who suggested that, thank you for saving me $40-$70!!!

chief1983

That's nice, but the one on Rock Auto (V335) that looks just like that is only $34, just to refresh. Unless someone can find that style cheaper, I'd get a new one from there. Going to try cleaning mine first though, see if it helps that rear main leak I've got too.

CRAWLHARD

Wonderful Information! Thank you.

I have been looking for this information for a long time, Thanks.

The CDR valve that NAPA sells as part # CRB 29445 is actually a Delco # CV910. It fits all the 6.2s and 6.5s. It comes with a 3 1/2" cannister and two short steel nipples - each 1" OD.

During the years, GM used at least four slighlty different CDR valves. All were the same diameter cannister, all the same inside, and all with 1" steel nipples for hose or valve cover connections. The only difference was the lengths of the nipples and the angle of bend in some.

By making one CDR with short 1" nipples. this vavle easily fits them all. So yeah, maybe you'll have to add 1" or 2" of rubber hose. Seems that's isn't a huge problem, is it?

I just looked on my shelf and I've got three different CDRs (in a pile of 10 of them).

The CV870 is GM # 25042246, has a 3 1/2" round cannister, and two hose nipples both 1" OD. One is 1 1/2" long and the other is 4 1/2" long with an angle.

The CV871 is GM # 25042443, has a 3 1/2" round cannister, and two hose nipples both 1" OD. One is 1 1/2" long and the other 3 3/4" long.

The CV910 and NAPA CRB 29445 has a 3 1/2" round cannister, and two hose nipples both 1" OD. Both are 7/8" long.

I've cleaned many old CDRs and they worked fine. The metal disk on the vacuum diaphram tends to get sludged up. You can take apart to clean, or - just reach in with a long Que-tip.