• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CDR valve from NAPA questions and other tune up questions

1stgear

Hmmmm. Good question. I would have to say maybe. It was corroded and oil caked enough to be original, but it didn't have the factory stampings on the top like the one I got from the dealer. Again, I can't believe how much better the truck runs now that I replaced that thing.

AJMBLAZER

DriverSideImpact1008 said:
1st gear you bought yours from the dealer right, and it was expensive? Does anyone know if the CV870 number would work at Napa/Autozone?
Did you not read the previous posts? :?:

Yes, it was, no it isn't, and you can get them for almost half the dealer cost from www.Rock-Auto.com .

AJMBLAZER

Just ordered mine. With the 5% discount they give out it was $40.49. Might be a bit more expensive depending on your location and if you are having it shipped to a residence or business address.

1stgear

Hey, AJMBLAZER.

I checked my old CDR closely last night and believe it to be original. The numbers were STAMPED into the metal as opposed to being printed. For sure a GM part.

Sorry, it was kinda unclear as to whether the Delco/GM part numbers would cross reference. (But I answered my own question...I went to give my friend who works at Napa something to do.)

AJMBLAZER

OKAY, back from the dead it is again!

My CDR valve arrived today and other than two minor differences it at least appears the same as the proper military spec part. It has the GM/AC Delco part numbers for the civilian application on it and the pipe that curves off the side towards the front seems to be at a slightly different angle than the military spec part. Still bolts right up and the hoses fit just like they should.

Going to add to the FAQ thread.

Crash_AF

One more new development in the CDR saga... I just went and looked at my two 1009s that I got from GL and they both have CV871 valves on them. The valve also has 25042443 stamped on it.

I replaced the valve on my Suburban with one of the valves from the '09s and the mount is clocked a little different on the valve, but it worked with some tugging.

Later,
Joe

AJMBLAZER

Someone over on the 6.2-6.5 forum said that we could run a 6.5L valve cover and use the 90's CDR valve. Might have to adapt the hose to fit.

Can anyone with a 6.5L or experience with the valve covers of one confirm this?

AJMBLAZER

Ah, well...just wondering if anyone had any more experience with this engine than mine:

"Yep, it's still there and it runs well enough. Gotta change the oil."

Warren Lovell

Rock Auto CDR Valves came in today. The valves do not have the flat mount like the original. Still, If the hose clamps are all that hold it in - it'll be fine. Has a sticker on the side, upside down that says."This side up". Hmmmm.

Has anyone installed their Rock Auto CDR's? If it won't work on the M1009 - it'll work on the Hummer.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Ok, ive read through all of these threads but there seems not to be just one answer. Has anyone found a legit part number for the CDR valve? I have been to Oreillys, Advances, NAPA and Auto Zone but they all tell me that there is no CDR valve for a 6.2L. Is there another name used on the civilian varient? I have run all the part numbers on this thread by all those place but they all look at me like Im asking for nuclear weapons. Please, any information will be great. Thanks.

jdemaris

NAPA # for the Crankcase Depression Regulator Valve in a 6.2 diesel is CRB 29445. Cost $45.99.

Why do you think you need one? Is your rear main seal dripping oil? That's usually the only symptom.

jdemaris

Ok, ive read through all of these threads but there seems not to be just one answer. Has anyone found a legit part number for the CDR valve? I have been to Oreillys, Advances, NAPA and Auto Zone but they all tell me that there is no CDR valve for a 6.2L. Is there another name used on the civilian varient? I have run all the part numbers on this thread by all those place but they all look at me like Im asking for nuclear weapons. Please, any information will be great. Thanks.
Crankcase Depression Regulator Vavle is available from many places, including NAPA. There are two versions on 6.2s, early and late. The mounting differs on the two. Late ones attach directly to the pass-side valve cover. Early ones aer hose mounted.

Late type is NAPA CRB 29445. Other numbers including GM are:
25098706 ,25042443 ,25042462, CV871

A PCV valve (positive crankcaes ventilation) does not exisit on 6.2 diesels. 6.2 uses the CDR valve (crankcase depression regulator) valve.