• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

hole

I know brother Will usually starts these things, but I cant wait anymore. October will be here before we Know it so I wanted to start the ball rolling! I know theres alot of new so cal guys and wanted them to get a chance to catch this post and hopefully be able to make it to our ralley!

jbolty

I am primarily a jeep guy and go to the Desert for 4 wheeling and camping every chance I get, in the cooler months.

Just bought an M1031 that I plan to use to tow my jeep to the trailhead along with packing the toolbox doors full of my camping junk and tools.

Look forward to seeing you all out there.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was gonna hit this topic after vacation! Stoddard again? Lots of space, no closures, close..sort of to a refreshment stand..Slash X. Kinda centrally located for most, close for parts...not that we have needed any in the past, but who knows? I think we can shoot across Hodge road, I will find out a bit more later. I was thinkin' around mid Oct.? I still have to check my wifes schedule, remember, I am Mr Mom every other w-end. Jeep, M35, M37, no MV, who cares, just come out for the fun of it! Here are some refresher pics.

Attachments

hole

Where is it going to be held at?
We've gone to Stoddard Wells ( Victorville) the last two times. The area is big enough for Deuces to be able to roam freely with no restrictions. Stoddard has more trails and roads to explore than we have fuel :wink:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Count me in. I think I'll leave the wife and some kids at home this time so I can stay the full duration of the trip. October should be perfect out there.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in for the trip. I may have some family flying in mid October. I'll have to work around that one.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Settle down my little evil twin bro! I was just through there yesterday AM and it was 90 deg. at 0930...still too hot. I did scope out the Hodge Road shooting area. We can shoot there with no problems. I'll check my wifes schedule tonite and throw out a couple of dates. I haven't seen Tyler here for a bit.Wonder if he'll be able to make it?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, My wife is off the w-ends of Oct. 4 and 18. Those two weekends would be great for me, due to the fact that my lovely bride will be home, therfore, able to do the eagle eye thing on the kids. Sadly, Jacob will not be attending...as of now..due to his really crappy grades in math and summer school math. Guess he doesn't wana drive too soon...sorry, I'm venting. How does a 3 day thing sound? Maybe Sat. thru Mon., or, Fri. thru Sun.???? I'd leave Thurs. or Fri. eve to get a good spot..most likely the same as the last times, why is it called Friday anyway?. and we could have a choice of two days to go to Slash - X and a day to do some shooting or what ever. Maybe we could figure out a few other activities to do. All youse guys, get your junk ready, prime your spouses and let's get on it. Before you know it, October will be here. Let's have some feedback on the dates. There are a bunch of new So. Cal guys, let's get hooked up.

JDToumanian

I have vacation time Oct. 6-12... which doesn't coincide with this trip, but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't go, I just have to wait and see. I'll certainly try!

Jon

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'll make my schedule work for whenever everybody decides is the best weekend. Thurs night would be a good time for me to leave also. I just remembered I will have a brand new addition to the family by then so I will probably have to bring my 2 girls so momma can have some quiet time with the baby unless I can arrange a weekend at grandma's. Either way I will be going.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another wee one?? Or a new MV :wink:
Anyone interested in Camp Dirtbag III t-shirts? I might be able to get some artwork done up and they might cost 10 bucks...just a thought.

hole

Yellobroc, you'll have a great time if you come. Hope you make it out. Brother Will, I'm in for a couple of XL shirts, great idea by the way. Have you talked with Dave or Tony yet about the trip?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks