• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

ems4ty

Hello my fellow friends!!! Been out of the loop for quite a while. Thanks Will for the phone call. Anyways, count me in. I've got permission from the higher power to go out and play. Hopefully she won't renig on it as time gets closer! Talk to you soon,

Tyler

ems4ty

So, are we still on for the weekend of October 11th? My wife's parents decided to take it upon themselves to buy my wife and I plane tickets to Northern Cal. from approx. Oct. 7-11.... So, I just need to know if we are still on for the 11th so that I can make arrangements to be back on the 10th. Amy (Wife) knew that I had already made plans and I don't intend on breaking them. I've been looking forward to this trip for a LONG TIME now!!!

Keep me posted!

Tyler

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, still a go. Dave Mendoza got his new ride, a 109 from Barstow, maybe he'll chime in with some pics.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Yup, still a go. Dave Mendoza got his new ride, a 109 from Barstow, maybe he'll chime in with some pics.
I thought you said he got a humvee?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His better half said 1 project had to go before another came home. By the time his deuce sold, the guy that had the HMMWV, sold it! He was bummed, but, atleast he has green again.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Im about 50 miles south of Bakersfield if you wanted to continue down the 5 and hook up with me or just shoot down the 101 to the 126. There is a guy in Bakerfield who wanted to come to the last one but had truck troubles, I cant remember his name though.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lunchbox! I had to call bigmike and he and I figured it out. I haven't seen him here lately. Wonder where he is?

101-126 easy drive for me...probably better than trying the 166-grapevine by myself. I may have to take you up on that offer. I lived in Santa Clarita for 6 years, I know the area. How far is it from Santa Clarita? If the Bakersfield guy ends up getting on board, it may be a good convoy as well. Picking him up on the way mabye.

100dollarman

The HUNDY crew is in!

I am working on a bob deuce right now- hope to be done before the run. Plus, I'll try to bring a full size out too.

Looking forward to meeting everybody!!! ----and wheelin' these rigs!

Took the Duece Camper out for its first drive (since adding the shelter) last night....60 mile round trip. Had an interesting harmonic on it that I need to check out. Breaks good, tracks good, Taking it to Oceano Dunes on Saturday night for a trial run. Lots of blindspots though.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be careful! I didn't like driving Marks truck just for that reason.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, you. With a box on the back, it is a different truck. Took a bit to get used to it when I drove one.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Sorry Nathan , I lost track of the thread. Its about 1 1/2 hours to Barstow from here in a regular car so figure 2 1/2 hours in a duece. We could hook up at the 14 fwy/ Sand Cyn Rd.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devin, get your bed welded up yet? I still gotta do the t-case shaft seal on my junk. M1009 or deuce?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Havent finished the bed yet but am planning on having some time on Sunday. I'm leaning towards the duece but have that rear main seal leak that is causing the clutch to slip a little. Its got a band aid fix right now with some stop leak additive that actually worked and I have the new seal, just have to find the time to install it. Hoping to pick up those new rims soon, just waiting on Tom to get them from his source, I keep bugging him once a week. Gonna leave the motorhome behind this time a do some real camping!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time out there, there were 2, A3 wheels with 90% or better tires on them, just leanin' on a container. On the way home from Jons' house, ran across aNG convoy wit 2 A3's they were running 60 MPH...so much for 50 mph!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks