• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Forum = A Joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mangus580

Guys, as to the search function. Yes it sux for most people. I have good luck with it, but maybe its just how my mind works, that I can get it to work for me.

I am (slowly) working on a major upgrade to the site that will fix this issue. Unfortunately, it could be weeks, months or even years before its complete. I still have to juggle my normal job, and family life along with SS. As it is I dont have time for my toys! My M37 projects have gone nowhere, my deuce has yet to get its paintjob, and my 1009 is due for another.

So... that said. If someone cant find something they know is on this site, feel free to PM me. I will find it for you and give you the search I used. I am sure some of the other guys are willing to do the same.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Re: Deuce Forum = A Joke!

since we are on this subject, another thing is the "read the tm", that being said as we all know the tm section is a nightmare, then if you do find the correct tm, it is written for the military shop with all the nice goodies and sometimes soldier a and soldier b. for example the removel and install of the xcase in the 819, it states remove this and that, then states place trans jack under xcase. right here is a problem as i dont own a trans jack, then it says as soldier a does this ,soldier b does that, problem 2, im both soldied a and b, i can go on, the point im trying to make is that "read the TM "may not be the best answer to the question no more then "search it" is

Flatlander

And Bottlework's politics don't have anything to do with this thread. He didn't insult anyone's else's beliefs............ You people keep bringing politics (that's everybody) into this site, you will get it so polarized that everyone will hate everyone else and we'll go the way of the mil-veh mailing list. It's your call.
Actually, since Bottlework's avatar is political, and his signature is political, I would submit that he brings politics into every thread he submits to. If he didn't want to receive comments about it, he would keep his profile non-political.

As you can see from my avatar, I like Weiner dogs and Mules instead of Elephants and Jackasses... :D

alphadeltaromeo

Why not create a DIY section that can highlight brake jobs, horn button replacement, etc. An example of this type of thing that I've found to be helpful is: http://mercedesshop.com/shopforum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

This would consolidate the more frequent DIY types of activities...including troubleshooting as well. If I wasn't running a chicken farm, going to my regular job, managing a family of 11...I'd be happy to jump in and help...but...naw... rofl

Andy

bottleworks

Flatlander said:
Actually, since Bottlework's avatar is political, and his signature is political, I would submit that he brings politics into every thread he submits to. If he didn't want to receive comments about it, he would keep his profile non-political.
Well, the "yea, I'm a democrat" signature was added in response to a several page thread posted a year or so ago that was insulting and ignorant. The avatar was just added in response to the political comments in this thread. In my history here, you will find me only responding to, not making the initial political comments. I am glad that such comments have been "banned" from the site. It will only help the site. I don't believe some on the other side of the field will follow that ban.

It's funny how thin skinned some are here. I honestly wouldn't have thought it. By making an eye catching title, it almost seemed as if I killed their son! :roll:

Enough off topic stuff....

Yes, I would be willing to assist or do whatever I can to improve the Deuce Forums.

randyscycle

Bottleworks, I have only been here at SS a short time and by no means am I a noob when it comes to vehicles or their inner workings. I feel that there are folks who seem to think that anyone who doesn't know all they know are somehow a bit beliow them or are a nuciance. Did you come into this world knowing how to swim? I suspect someone taught you that along with how to use a toilet, etc, not assuming you already knew how, or getting unhappy when you did need to learn. I am new to my Deuce, but I am learning each time I come here or get under the hood. I am more than happy to return the favor of answering a question to anyone if I can and even if I have answered it before. I don't know everything, and don't assume that anyone else should either. I thought that was the purpose of internet forums, to educate and learn from others experience in a friendly environment.

Having said that, I have used the search function many times and when searching for some things, I can suddenly be confronted with 100-200 posts that all contain the keywords I entered into the advanced search field, still not finding my answer, as I have to weed through general discussion, opinoin, conjecture and the like.

I don't need to be "fed" as you put it, but sometimes, I simply cannot find the answer I need and have to ask. I will continue to do so when I need to until there is a better way.

poppop

randyscycle, if you ask I will continue to answer although my experience is limited. I am also into antique tractors and have followed a tractor site for much longer than I have been on SS. The questions have been asked over and over again and were always answered by the sages on board with never a mention of a search feature.

muddog7375

As a Noob here I like the stickys...The search hasnt helpd me all that much...But I keep looking around the site( & learning) & try to find what I need...Or I google my question & go to the SS threads it gives me...

Im sure when I get a rig Ill have ALOT of questions some will be pretty stupid also Im sure...

gov military toys

duece vin decoding

this site is all about everybody, both the new as well as the old . i still have a he/ll of a time with some searches. even if someone found what they wanted in the search, it still help if someone chimes in with some first hand knowledge. everybody here has learned from somebody else, that is part that makes this site GREAT, part of the fellowship. if that stops and just search then this site will turn to sh/it and go down the toilet. people here cant wait to lend a helping hand. yes search helps, so does one on one, though on this site it is more like five helping one
well I don't have anything positive to say about your post bottleneck however I have my own questions on my second duece ,bought as a wreck ! and but after only a few rainy minutes was able to drive it 130 miles home it had no pictures posted at auction and was listed as something completely different .it is a AM general vin 04A-0887053410224 . the surprise was that it was in perfect condition other than the pto being overfilled with gear oil @60 she puffed some smoke due to the gear oil but was perfect when I got it home America what a great country had a hard time posting this as a question as I am a first time steel soldiers user but have 30 years as a military vehicle fanatic P>S as you may have wondered yes the SF 97 isn't even close

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dear Kyle,

I am in complete agreement with this eloquent statement from one of the best at Steel Soldiers.

Sincerest thanks,
Gordon Felice

M43
M43B1
M35A2

September 5th, 2008. :popcorn:

Dear Bottleworks:

You do seem to be off your feed today, a mite cross for a man who can walk on water by himself..... I suspect you have been a NOB yourself in many things at many times, and your debt to your peers and your superiours must be considerable. AND I will sooner or later place money on it that some deuce is going to come up with a problem you won't be able to figure out...... at which point you may not want to burn ALL your bridges.
I have time for those who know perhaps a bit less then I do, and I am always appreciative for the many kindnesses and insights others have provided me here on the deuce. Mr. Will Wagner, among others, along with David Doyle, Recovery4x4, and his eminence, Medlog the Magnificent from the hollers of Hedgesville, have all bailed my butt out many times. If you can't be patient and pass the screwdriver, so to speak, you may need a wrench to tight a few nuts up yourself. We all don't know as much as we think, and we always will need someone else's help sooner or later, so you may want to keep at least 6 friends handy, as it hard as hades to carry yourself to the cemetary when the time comes....
I for one, don't always find the search feature very usefull, but then I am the generation who grew up with or before the common computer, and so it is not as important or useful as say David Doyle, Will Wagner, Kenny, or Medlog, and I can count them, however so distant they may be, as my human friends.....
If you're having an off day, you're forgiven, if your PMS is acting up, you're forgiven, BUT if you must continue to run down the other members, old or new, you may wish to retire to your cave or monastic cell, untill the mood passes......

Just my 2cents worth,

I remain,
Estimable Sir,
Kyle F. McGrogan

Wizard Par Excellance, Per Ardua Ad Astra

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Truck
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A APU gas Gen-set
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks