• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

govt liqidation is a mess

halftrack

This charging the credit card as soon as the auction ends without the EUC clearing is a bunch of B u L L S hi t too. I pay for something that I cant even pick up. They are worst than a bunch of politicians. Oh, I forgot. It's owned by a friend of one!!!

halftrack

By the way, they are still calling me and sending emails to pick up a truck at a site that I had pick up over a month ago. I told them I would be glad to pick up another truck if they want.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I think they're worse than politicians on this topic. A politician is usually like a good salesman. They tell you to "Go to H*LL" and have you looking forward to the trip. With GL, you usually feel like an unwilling S/M participant... :roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
CUCVFAN said:
With GL, you usually feel like an unwilling S/M participant... :roll:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! rofl

Comment of the day!

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
CUCVFAN said:
Well, I think they're worse than politicians on this topic. A politician is usually like a good salesman. They tell you to "Go to H*LL" and have you looking forward to the trip. With GL, you usually feel like an unwilling S/M participant... :roll:

GL: pull up a chair and sit down.....

Me: no thanks, I'll stand, my butt hurts.....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As much as I get irritated with some of GL's policies and procedures, I still keep buying stuff because I can't get a particular truck, part, tire, etc... for that price anywhere else. I don't expect a warranty. I always expect the worse when bidding so I'm not disappointed when I pick an item up.

Case in point: I sent a wire transfer for an item on Monday and still haven't received confirmation of its receipt after several emails. It's not like I can pick up though because I don't have my EUC approved yet. ;)

You just have to laugh sometimes. Life is too short to get all wound up every time GL does something goofy. If I was ticked off enough, I would just quit buying.

sak00

CUCVFAN said:
Boy, I just read my own post (..have your wife/girlfriend/mother/father/son etc... open an account with a different credit card and keep on bidding.) and thought "That sounds like a drug addict!"

I guess Maddawg is right... GLA...
Bwahhahahahahaha!!

I am Scott and I'm an addict.

:beer:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They basically have a monopoly on surplus sales and this is what happens when a company has a monopoly. They have no reason to compete for the customers because the customers come to them. No competition = no reason to change.

airtech

I contacted the live help today told them i have all of my paperwork in order and turned in on time and to send me over an invoice and run my card i will pick it up tomorrow . of course i have not received a response yet .by the looks of this deal they were going to screw me from the beginning

USMilitarySurplus

That is simply not true, airtech. I realize conspiracy theories abound. And if a customer is upset, it's natural to jump to conclusions. But to say GL had some kind of plan to 'screw you from the beginning' is ridiculous.

Utilizing the LiveChat is a great idea. And if you'd like, you can contact management by sending an email. Explain what happened and ask them to look into your account.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

GL does not plan to screw any body they have worked all out, the plan is to nickel and dime you until you are unable to keep all thier lies strait and give up. i bought 12000lbs of stuff they were not authorized to sell two years after the sale was done they started harrassing me about getting the stuff returned and they would pay me what i had paid for the stuff and $.50 a mile to return 12000lbs of stuff or they would cancel my account and turn me into the DLA. my only problem with returning the stuff is that the $.50 a mile shipping is what the IRS pays let the IRS come and get it. they canceled my account and i have never seen a DLA agent on my property yet, i am waiting for that day. i though about send it back one piece at a time COD for transportation.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
FMJ said:
This GL section of the website really seems to be helping...quick problem resoloution, improved customer service....

I am impresssed!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
I agree about online help. If you have been charged for the sale you should be good your invoice will not show paid until the EUC comes back from Battle Creek.

I email the chat record to my email so I have a record of the chat it helps also always save all the pictures from the sale as soon as you win it because they go away too quickly. I have found some of the chat ladies are better than others and have been able to get paperwork passed directly to Aaron when he never opened my emails.

I also got them to contact the site and give me more time to pick up since the paid in advance invoice date only gave me two days to pick up by the time my EUC came back.

I'm sorry David, I was refering to THIS website....lol

And judging by the response: "email management" I was right.......

airtech

i have live chatted as much as i ever wanted to ,i dont talk to my wife as much as i have chatted to get this done,and yes i think there is a magic number that if an item doesnt sell for if gl can somehow get it listed back ,thats whats going to happen , there is no other reason that i would not be allowed to pay for an item that i bid on and won ,hey just to prove my point all of my paperwork is turned inand i am approved we can charge it to my card on file ,do a money transfer or i will bring cash straight to columbus and pick the truck up there is nothing to hold the deal up unless gl wants to get it back on the auction

area52

USMilitarySurplus said:
That is simply not true, airtech. I realize conspiracy theories abound. And if a customer is upset, it's natural to jump to conclusions. But to say GL had some kind of plan to 'screw you from the beginning' is ridiculous.

Utilizing the LiveChat is a great idea. And if you'd like, you can contact management by sending an email. Explain what happened and ask them to look into your account.
Robyn,

Is there a specific person that we can send an email to when we have an issue that needs to be resolved?

Or just the "black hole of death" customer service email?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Robyn:
Can you explain why my win that closed September 4th is done EUC and invoice are mine the sale 3577 that closed August 28th my account has not been charged and the invoice is not availale. I too pre-authorize all internet payments on my credit cards and they are waiting for the exact amount of this lot.

Also one problem with pre-paying for EUC items is the invoice is dated prior to the EUC approval and the pick up site gives you only a small window to pick up based on the invoice date. This is not good for business and we should be allowed more time to pick up lots.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't hold your breath for "Robyn", Batman has directed all responses be: "email customer service"

Seems to be working well for many members of this board.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
You need to email management, they will fix your problem! rofl

And if that doesn't work, email SENIOR management.....

LanceRobson

Robyn

I'm sorry that you are being the one hammered on all these issues. There is no other "face" to put on GL that has a chance of effecting any changes.

Thank you for your response to my PM of this AM.

To follow up on my issue of this morning; I, once again, sent the email disputing my suspension to "ATTN: Management" as you suggested. I received a receipt email at 9:33 PM EST tonight. Quoted below.

Dear Mr. Robson,

Thank you for your e-mail. Management is currently reviewing the issue at hand.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service Management

Well, to be honest I DON"T have any patience in this matter. I addressed it on Monday. It should have been handled then. Two minutes, max.

I COULDN'T offer my cooperation. By definition, that requires two or more parties and it's obvious GL hasn't been one of the potential parties.

I'm disgusted with the casually incompetent environment at your corporate HQ!!!

The amount of issues brought up on this forum indicate that these are not random issues. The entire customer service staff, and more importantly, the management and administration, should read this thread and be required to come up with a plan to "stop the bleeding"

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks