• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Gaskets

2Deuces wild

I had the same isues with the last filter change and had to use the old gaskets. Thats why I ordered the spin on set from John. PS checks in the mail John.:wink:

Last edited:

jatonka

As a point of information, I got in today: 100 oil filter gasket #5119
100 primary fuel gasket #5131
100 secondary fuel gasket #5070
I can send out to anyone who can't get them, anytime, no need to buy my oil and fuel adaptors to get the gaskets. JT out :-D

hoop

JT,
I am having a hard time finding the 5131 gasket, do you have any for sale?
Thanks

jatonka

Hi Hoop, yes I have the primary 5131 gaskets, and the 5119 oil gaskets and the 5070 secondary gaskets, you can PM me with your address. I check daily, even down here at the Redball Rally in Gilbert, PA> at the West End Fairgrounds. We will be here all weekend and it looks to be a great show. John T

machinist75

If you have trouble at napa finding secondary gaskets, have them search "FIL 5070". That's what I did and it pulled right up. It's funny I can find it on my phone but they have trouble.

glj

Banned
Fuel Filter Anatomy

Hate to start a new thread to ask this question. See if I can get help here. Re the primary and two secondary filters, and referring to TM -20P, there is a "cup with a hole in it" shaped item, identified in Fig. 35 as item 8. Note that the small diameter end of this item inserts into the bottom of the secondary filters(which I changed yesterday, and yes, that is how it went). I haven't replaced the primary filter yet, at the right front of the rig, but Fig. 34 of the same TM shows the same item (8) with the large diameter face mated to the filter (Fig. 34 does not identify the item, as item 8, but the diagram looks identical), which is opposite that shown in Fig. 35 for the secondaries. This seems to be important as all of my secondary filters, and primary filters, have an inside diameter of the cork or rubber seal which is sufficiently wide that a good seal (appears to) form only when the wide side of item 8 mates with the filter seal. Thus, is there a contradiction between Figs. 34 and 34, or do I shut up and do as I'm told?

Also, it appears essentially impossible to unscrew the bolt holding the primary cannister, due to very tight spatial constraints, as the 24 v alternator sits right on top of it. It appears that I have to loosen and lift the alternator to get a wrench in there. I wonder if this is because I also have a 12 volt system in addition to the 24, and perhaps the mechanic (whom has since moved away) may have had to locate the 24 volt downward, to sit on the bracket holding the cannister, in order to have space for the 12 volt alternator. Maybe it would be easier simply to ask whether access to that cannister bolt should be so difficult.

Any partial answers would be appreciated. I will be getting the spin ons, but I like to understand things as they are.

Many thanks,

Gary

bigugh20

Also, it appears essentially impossible to unscrew the bolt holding the primary cannister, due to very tight spatial constraints, as the 24 v alternator sits right on top of it. It appears that I have to loosen and lift the alternator to get a wrench in there. I wonder if this is because I also have a 12 volt system in addition to the 24, and perhaps the mechanic (whom has since moved away) may have had to locate the 24 volt downward, to sit on the bracket holding the cannister, in order to have space for the 12 volt alternator. Maybe it would be easier simply to ask whether access to that cannister bolt should be so difficult.

Any partial answers would be appreciated. I will be getting the spin ons, but I like to understand things as they are.

Many thanks,

Gary
My Alternator sits on top of my primary also. I think it's a 9/16ths bolt on the alt, loosen that and slide it up out of the way. Just don't forget to re-tension the belts when you're done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks