• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Filter Gaskets

Primary

A quick question regarding the primary filter. I show Napa 3511 in the cross reference list on the website here. What gasket do I need for the primary or is one included with 3511 from Napa?

Jatonka- I'm looking forward to your secondary fuel filter kit. coming soon I plan on buying your secondary and primary kit all together when you kit is available. Your oil filter kit that I purchased and installed is top notch.
Thanks,
Andy

jatonka

Just for the sake of answering your question, the gasket for the primary filter is a NAPA 5131. the secondary filter gaskets are NAPA 5070 and the oil filter gaskets are NAPA 5119. They are all available, I buy them 100 at a time. If anyone really can't get them I can send them out. But it should not be necessary. JT

rottiedog

Where do you get your gaskets from, I went by NAPA and they told me my .99 gasket will cost $10 to ship.

I wish I read this post last week. Dealt with the same stuff. Everyone on here set me straight with the NAPA gaskets after I went NUTS trying to get the other ones to fit.

The NAPA near me in NC had them but only two.

going to the spin on primary once the tax refund comes in and the secondaries as soon as there for sale....

toddm

I'm having trouble with the gaskets I got with my filters for the secondary filters. I called Napa and they ordered them, should be here on Thursday.

omega231

i know this is kind of an old thread, but after you change the fuel filters, do you have to prime the system or can you just crank the truck as is?

2Deuces wild

This is the man to see for spin on's:-D I just ordered the secondary units. easy as fishing to install.http://www.jatonkam35s.com/
The primary filter has a drain on the bottom. turn on the fuel pump open the drain and let the fuel drain out. On the secondaries there is a nut in the center crack it open with the fuel pump on engine off until the fuel is coming out with out bubbles then close clean up and start up. With spin on just fill with diesel and spin on.

Attachments

Last edited:

2Deuces wild

JT's sight didn't have pictures of the secondary fuel adapters I figured the pictures would give him a Idea of what kinds of setup's John has.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know this is kind of an old thread, but after you change the fuel filters, do you have to prime the system or can you just crank the truck as is?

Best to prime it, just turn on the switch and let the in-tank pump run and go open the bleeder on top of the secondary fuel filters. It's that easy.

dabtl

I have never had a problem with the spin on filters needing 'priming'. I just turn on the ignition, wait a few seconds and start it up.

bassetdeuce

Best to prime it, just turn on the switch and let the in-tank pump run and go open the bleeder on top of the secondary fuel filters. It's that easy.
Just like to add that if you take the bleeder completely out, be ready to turn the main switch off, cause you will get a good little fountain of fuel.

omega231

This is the man to see for spin on's:-D I just ordered the secondary units. easy as fishing to install.http://www.jatonkam35s.com/
The primary filter has a drain on the bottom. turn on the fuel pump open the drain and let the fuel drain out. On the secondaries there is a nut in the center crack it open with the fuel pump on engine off until the fuel is coming out with out bubbles then close clean up and start up. With spin on just fill with diesel and spin on.
thanks for the info. does he also carry the secondary adapters?

dabtl

JT not only carries the items, he manufactures them!

JT has gone to the trouble and expense of designing a complete line of spin on filters for the multi-fuel engine. Primary fuel, secondary fuel and oil filters are included.

I have them on both of my trucks. I have never had a problem with any of them.

The fuel filters eliminate rust from the cans. That is my greatest concern with the stock system. Age and rust cause the filtering system to under perform.

The spin on oil filters with the anti-drain feature give almost instant oil pressure on starting, a great improvement over the stock system.

Try'em, you will like'em.:-D

Divemaster920

Banned
I contacted NAPA today and they said there was only 1 gasket in the USA and it was in FL. I then contacted the web site and they said they did not have any in stock.
These might get like Hens Teeth?
So I ordered some orings from McMaster-Carr.
They should work.